1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seat belt buzzer

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FIRTH4X4, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Dec 17, 2011 at 4:07 PM
    FIRTH4X4

FIRTH4X4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    98 Taco 2.7L 5spd
    How do you turn off the seat belt buzzer/reminder? I'm a rancher, lots of in and out of the truck driving around the fields. The owners manual says it can be done, but doesn't tell me how. I'm hoping its not something the dealer needs to do through the computer. Thanks.

2. Dec 17, 2011 at 4:16 PM
    Gregg

Gregg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Magnetic Grey
    This is how it is done for my 2010. I don't know if it is the same for the 2012.

Disable Seatbelt Warning Buzzer

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
    2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
    3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
    4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.

3. Dec 17, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    FIRTH4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    98 Taco 2.7L 5spd
    Thanks Gregg, will try it in the morning and let everyone know if it works on a 2012.

4. Dec 17, 2011 at 4:40 PM
    FIRTH4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    98 Taco 2.7L 5spd
    I have diesel rigs for hauling, this is a run-a-round tax write-off for me. :D

5. Dec 17, 2011 at 5:48 PM
    cooktaco

cooktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    11 Dbl. cab TRD 4x4
    Weahertecs, Bed met, Snugtop, Avid sliders, TSB Springs, Bilstein 5100's @1.75,
    Might save you some time and grief...I have been searching for a seatbelt disable for my 11 for some time. The known procedures only work for early 11's. Haven't seen a procedure posted for the late 11 or 12's yet.

The dealer can disable the seatbelt chime with their scan tool in the customize settings. You can probably find a dealer in Idaho that is willing to do it. Out here in the land of liability, it is hard to find a dealer willing to turn the chime off. Good luck.

6. Dec 17, 2011 at 7:35 PM
    FIRTH4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    98 Taco 2.7L 5spd
    Thanks cooktaco. So the procedure that the other gentlemen listed won't work on the new models?

7. Dec 17, 2011 at 7:38 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    My 2009 regular cab (work truck) has a small black wiring connector under the drivers seat with, I believe two wires in it. I unplugged that, no more seat belt buzzer.

My 2006 does not have this plug, so obviously every year could be different.

8. Dec 17, 2011 at 8:02 PM
    cooktaco

cooktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    11 Dbl. cab TRD 4x4
    Weahertecs, Bed met, Snugtop, Avid sliders, TSB Springs, Bilstein 5100's @1.75,
    It hasn't worked on mine with the white guage faces (late 11 model). I havent found a post for a procedure that works on late 11's or 12's on any toyota forums and I have searched them all pretty much. It is a 5 minute fix at the dealer if they will do it for you. I haven't found one nearby that will do it for me yet. I fish Idaho a lot and your state is no where near as uptight as Cali, so I would think a dealer would do it for you no problem.

9. Dec 17, 2011 at 10:36 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    On my 11 there is a plug beneath the seat, it is a skinny plug that is located in about the dead center of the seat. It is easily unplugged, but does not disable the passenger seatbelt buzzer, but I think that is good because I want all my passengers wearing belts. If you got big fingers like me it is a bitch to get unplugged, so I used needlenose pliars. There is a pic of it somewhere on this site, but I dont even know where to start seraching, maybe someone else will bring it up! Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

10. Dec 18, 2011 at 2:15 AM
    Rellik01

Rellik01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    Was in for my free oil change at dealer and asked about turning off chime..............to my surprise they did not even blink and turned it off ina matter of seconds with their handheld device. I did mention (white lie) that I asked for this on delivery and they forgot to do it.

11. Dec 18, 2011 at 6:35 AM
    FIRTH4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    98 Taco 2.7L 5spd
    OK I am gonna to ask the dealer to do it on my first 5000 mile service. That way itll be done clean. I will also ask if there is a procedure the customer can do them self, and post back what I find. Thanks guys.

12. Dec 23, 2011 at 3:27 PM
    FIRTH4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    98 Taco 2.7L 5spd
    Was in town today, had the day off. Stopped by the dealer, they had me in and out in 3 minutes. Didn't ask any questions.

Products Discussed in

To Top