LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need some idea's on my front License plate mount

Old 12-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
Wizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Greg
Wizzard005's Tacoma Gallery
Need some idea's on my front License plate mount

Aloha all,

My truck doesn't have any holes in the front bumper. I need some idea's on mounting my license plate. I really don't want to cut holes...

Any one have any idea's?
Old 12-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
Wizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Greg
Wizzard005's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Dont put your plate on.
besides this...
Old 12-17-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
In AZ, we only need the rear plate...CA needs both I think....Does Hawaii require both? I'd keep my front end looking clean if it wasn't required...hopefully someone gives you ideas!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #4
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
if i remember correctly... someone on tw or tn took the front license plate bracket from a dodge ram and got it to work flawlessly on the 05-11 front bumper. don't know if the same could be said for the 12s, but that's what i would look into.

there's also this, where the holes won't be seen if the plate/bracket is removed:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Add-Front-Un...ht_4362wt_1037

Edit: another idea:
http://www.skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml
Old 12-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Props to you for obeying your local laws and wanting to run your front plates.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #7
brett1586 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brett
brett1586's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2010 and the markings for the holes ARE there in the bumper and they are reinforced behind it. You just have to look really carefully. I had to mount my front plates too, I just decided to go for it and screwed them in there.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #8
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
i see what you did there
Old 12-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #9
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2011.

I put a plate on the front of my Tacoma. I like how it looks, I just carefully centered the plate where I wanted it and drilled a couple of holes for the screws. Sorry, I don't know the technical terms but below the chrome grille there is a strip of plastic bumper, then a slit at the level of the fog lamps, then another strip of plastic right above the skid plate. I mounted the plate on the lower strip of plastic. Problem solved.

About a week later I noticed another late-model Tacoma with a front plate mounted on the upper strip of plastic. When I looked carefully at my Tacoma (I had to move around a little so the light would shine on it at different angles) I saw there are, in fact, two holes already there on the upper plastic strip, they're just painted over or have to have some plastic tabs knocked out of them.

That said, I don't like how it looks on the upper part of the bumper, I think it looks better on the lower bumper and I'm happy with the results I got.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #10
sherlock will become famous soon enough

sherlock's Tacoma Gallery
A tad off topic but here is a terrific product for those with bumper holes that want to hide them as they are not required by law to have a front plate. Look here -> http://www.bumperplugs.com/BPindex.html
Old 12-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #11
sherlock will become famous soon enough

sherlock's Tacoma Gallery
Was just thinking .. the 2012 doesn't look real shabby if you mount right where the factory made the dimples for the plates holes. I can't visualize it looking any better mounted elsewhere. Here is a pic of a raised (6") 2012 with plates on the front..

Old 12-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #12
SoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
SoJersey's Tacoma Gallery
nj needs one. but i just keep it in the truck and tell them i bought it out of state and the dealer hasn't sent me the plate bracket yet. or throw it on the dash. thats what i did with my car.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #13
supermike820 is on a distinguished road
supermike820's Tacoma Gallery
i made a bracket out of stainless steel that goes through the front bumper in the center and drilled holes to the aluminum box tube bumper behind the plastic bumper. If you would like pictures I can take one this weekend and post it for you. I live in Jersey also and had to have one so I wouldn't get pulled over. It is easy to make
Old 12-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #14
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
my '12 has "dimples" on the front fascia (like sherlock's post)... dealer didn't drill pilot holes, ..so i'll just have to do that when i get the plates...
Old 12-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #15
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
if its a law than just drill the holes and avoid any unwanted attention from the police.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I plugged my plate holes, and not gonna worry about it.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:27 PM   #17
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
Was just thinking .. the 2012 doesn't look real shabby if you mount right where the factory made the dimples for the plates holes. I can't visualize it looking any better mounted elsewhere. Here is a pic of a raised (6") 2012 with plates on the front..

Truck looks awesome...rep for you!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #18
"Man Ho"
2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
2010Tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I used some very long black tie straps and attached the plate to the plastic cross support in the lower air dam. It took 4 ties and just kept working them tigter until the plate was secure and centered. No drilling at all.
I actually took it off my truck a few months later but put one on my sons 2008 taco the same way.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #20
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
found it. don't know how well it'll work on the '12s, but it may be possible.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...e-bracket.html