Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OEM Heated Mirrors DIY mod

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2011, 05:41 AM   #21
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I like this a lot, but I want a few other features. So... I decided to do the 4runner mod. Sourcing parts as I type this post!
Nice. The new 4runner mirrors are supposed to mate up with the Taco with little modification. It is pretty spendy though, I think the one guy that did it spent over $600, but you can probably do it for less.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:54 AM   #22
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
What a great write up & mod design.
Heated mirrors is one of my favorite features on a truck.
Props to you and all those before who have helped make it happen on the tacoma.
The vid is awesome!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:23 AM   #23
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The whole project took me about 9 hours, but it could probably be done in 5-6 hours if I were to do it again.
I doubt you can do it in 5 or even 6 hours. I am going to need you to come over to my house and prove it. I'll even let you use my truck.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #25
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm down to lend a hand if you need. Did you ever get your lift done?
My truck is as lifted as its going to get unless I get the bug to go bigger with tires but my Hankooks only have 20k miles on them. I might take you up on the offer after I get past the lack of motivation of working on my truck due to the latest headlight retrofit project.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #26
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Great write-up! Good job! Definitely going to give this a go! Thanks OP and to all who contributed to this mod.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #27
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Nice writeup!! I'm definitely doing a heater mirror mod!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #28
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up.
Has anyone ever used universal heating elements like these?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-MI...item1e68d2a99c
Old 12-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #29
ChathamTaco is on a distinguished road
Navy: Subs
Name: Joel
ChathamTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished my mod 10 minutes ago. Just awesome! I'd also like to thank tsilliker, shawnd2, CtryBoyInMT, 84Hilux, OldEric11 and Benson for breaking trail for me and others. Merry Christmas and a great New Year to you all!
Joel
Old 12-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #30
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
Nice writeup!! I'm definitely doing a heater mirror mod!
Central Jersey where. I'm in North Jersey and need some motivation to get going on this. I got a '08 too but it's a 2.7. Wonder if the moves are the same on this mod for the 4.0 and 2.7.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #31
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtryBoyInMT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
Central Jersey where. I'm in North Jersey and need some motivation to get going on this. I got a '08 too but it's a 2.7. Wonder if the moves are the same on this mod for the 4.0 and 2.7.
Yes they is!

2.7L or 4.0L are the same.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #33
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I referenced your guide in the one I am doing, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-yes-wip.html its a WIP - work in progress, I just wanted you to know
Not a problem, I hope it works out well for you. The 4runner mirrors have a lot of cool features, esp. if you can get a set for $150!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChathamTaco View Post
I just finished my mod 10 minutes ago. Just awesome! I'd also like to thank tsilliker, shawnd2, CtryBoyInMT, 84Hilux, OldEric11 and Benson for breaking trail for me and others. Merry Christmas and a great New Year to you all!
Joel
Sweet! I was glad I had heated mirrors this morning, it was 25° @ 5:30 and my truck was frozen over. I hope the install guide was easy to follow. I tried to make it very intuitive and pretty self-explanatory....Cheers on the heated mirrors!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #34
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome writeup! One thing i noticed when i did mine yesterday is that if you pull the little green bulb condom off the bulb that comes with the highlander switch, the uncovered bulb matches pretty well and you can save a few bucks and get away without buying the orange bulb...its not a perfect match, but its damn close...what a great mod for under 200 bucks
Old 12-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #35
...and we're back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtTaco View Post
Awesome writeup! One thing i noticed when i did mine yesterday is that if you pull the little green bulb condom off the bulb that comes with the highlander switch, the uncovered bulb matches pretty well and you can save a few bucks and get away without buying the orange bulb...its not a perfect match, but its damn close...what a great mod for under 200 bucks
Good idea, I didn't even know there was a color cap on there. Now I have an extra bulb to use sometime..
Old 12-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #36
2011TRDSPORT is on a distinguished road
Name: Len
2011TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Toyotapartszone.com won't ship to Canada or even accept a Canadian Credit card. I can't seem to find the mirrors for the same price anywhere else...
Old 12-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #38
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Although I can't justify spending this amount of time and money for this particular mod it looks professional. Good job.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:08 AM   #39
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
Right on, thanks guys, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #40
2011TRDSPORT is on a distinguished road
Name: Len
2011TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks muisejt!

Products Discussed in this Thread