Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Source for Deer Guard for a 2012 Taco?

Old 12-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
NewtoTacoma is on a distinguished road
NewtoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Source for Deer Guard for a 2012 Taco?

I live in a rural area with lots of deer on the road. I don't want to have a run in with my shiny new Tacoma. What is a good source for a deer guard that I can mount on on the front end?

Are there solid attachment points to the frame?

There is not much of a front bumper on these rigs.

Thanks!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
ARB
and ATO make good bumper replacements

westin makes good brush guards but i wouldnt trust it vs a deer

Also welcome to tacoma world!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with an entire bumper replacement. Bull bar and brush guards are just not built sturdy enough to withstand an impact up to 150 lbs. at 65-70 mph.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
NewtoTacoma is on a distinguished road
NewtoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:06 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't trust Westin, Hunter or GoRhino against a deer. They end up being damage multipliers because they are not structurally supported and will still allow the deer to hit certain parts of the front end. If you want something that will bolt on over the front of the truck, I'd look into Ranch Hand guards. They are pretty beefy and probably the best protection you can get next to plate bumpers.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #6
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Get an off road bumper like arb, they are great for those things and offroading
Old 12-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #7
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
ARB. I've used it for everything including ramming buildings, nudging shopping carts (Only extreme mall crawlers apply) and pushing broken Dodge Dakotas back onto their car carriers.

Very sturdy bumper.