1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Very high pitched vibrating squeeling noise-speedometer area

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sissorslim, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Dec 18, 2011 at 6:26 PM
    sissorslim

sissorslim [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    S. Fl.
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner
    about 1000 miles ago a very high pitched squeeling -vibrating noise started ....seems to be in the area of the speedometer. It starts at 60 mph every time and gets louder as I increase speed ....as soon as I drop below 60 mph it quits .No fluctuations in the speedometer needle ...everything else seems normal...except my compass -temp. display which is out and I read the possible fix on that , but this squeeling noise is VERY irritating and needs to be fixed soon . Does this truck have a speedo cable?? I thought it was all electronic?? I`m new to the forum and live on Pine Island Fl. ...seems to be many knowledgable folks on this forum ....thanks for any help .........

2. Dec 18, 2011 at 6:34 PM
    tinker_troy

tinker_troy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    #3, 2015 SR AC 4x4 V6 6 speed
    shackle brace, rear sway bar, 3 gen seats, Coupe Shifter, 3rd gen OR front springs + shocks, 17" TuRD PRO replica wheels
    pretty sure there is no speedo cable.... other than that I can't help you.

hopefully someone else knows something cause I know that would drive me nuts.

bump

oh and hey, welcome to TW

Products Discussed in

To Top