2012 tacoma trd sport

Old 12-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
bowhntr26 is on a distinguished road
Name: James
bowhntr26's Tacoma Gallery
2012 tacoma trd sport

anyone who has please tell me pros and cons was thinking about buying one
Old 12-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
Dcd5907 is a jewel in the roughDcd5907 is a jewel in the roughDcd5907 is a jewel in the roughDcd5907 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Anthony
Dcd5907's Tacoma Gallery
Pros: it's a Toyota truck
Cons: stock rear leafs can't hold $h!t lol,

Use the search function, I just bought a '11 would have gotten a '12 but non were available at any of the dealerships by me.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
Pros: it has a skewp!!
Cons: More than likely Toyota will completely redesign the Tacoma within the next 2 years and I think this design will be short lived
Old 12-19-2011, 03:17 AM   #4
tpr676 is on a distinguished road

tpr676's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine, cons if you the tailgate hard it"s really cheap it would never hold up to any abuse. 12 volt outlet don't work unless the key is on which sucks if you want to charge a phone. My biggest complaints, no heated mirrors, drum brakes in rear. Rides and handles nice for a truck check one out you make the call.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:32 AM   #5
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
pro.. best truck ever

con...cant see over scoop.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:41 AM   #6
Fisters stay rock hard
Fister is on a distinguished road

Army: FA
Name: Derrick
Fister's Tacoma Gallery
I got one about 3 weeks ago and really like it. The stock bridgestone tires are gay but if you get something more aggressive it really sets it off. All in all I love it, perfect for what I need.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
nova423 is on a distinguished road

nova423's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought one yesterday and I love it!

I love my 2012 double cab long bed. Lots of cool features, plenty of power. Only complaint is brakes are kinda weaker then usual. Slightly sponges feel. Other than that I recommend.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
SoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
SoJersey's Tacoma Gallery
get the off road... much more usable stuff... the color matched shit and fake scoop shit are worthless and can't help with anything that the mechanical features in the off road.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Only get the offroad if you intend to use.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #10
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeacsWFU23 View Post
Pros: it has a skewp!!
Cons: More than likely Toyota will completely redesign the Tacoma within the next 2 years and I think this design will be short lived
X2
Old 12-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #11
Thundjet is on a distinguished road
Thundjet's Tacoma Gallery
Pick mine up tomorrow, test drove it for a long time today. It did good in the snow, ride was solid, just a hint of bumpiness. Hood scoop didnt bother me.
At first I was bothered by the fact it didnt have a locker then I realized in 10 years of owning my Ford diesel it never went off road. Combine that with the fact I'll never use low range and locker on the street and it is a no brainer. Great street truck with good visibility out of the crew cab.
I plan on having the factory supercharger installed once spring rolls around and I sell my 2009 Corvette
Old 12-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #12
Mr. Magoo
MonkeyChief is on a distinguished road

Name: Citizen #1839-7634-001
MonkeyChief's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 2012 4x4 DCSB TRD Sport tonight.

I have to do a little re-arranging in the garage, the truck barely fits, the front screws for the license plate are pressed against the cabinets in front and the garage door when closed is 2" from the rear bumper.

I want to go out and drive it but I don't want to mess with squeezing it back in the garage afterward.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:02 AM   #13
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Pro : it's not a chromey Offroad

Con : you have to sit on a phone book to see over the skewp
Old 12-21-2011, 06:15 AM   #14
Rosesplus is on a distinguished road

Rosesplus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by damole View Post
I bought my 2012 4x4 DCSB TRD Sport tonight.

I have to do a little re-arranging in the garage, the truck barely fits, the front screws for the license plate are pressed against the cabinets in front and the garage door when closed is 2" from the rear bumper.

I want to go out and drive it but I don't want to mess with squeezing it back in the garage afterward.
Did you get your free $1K debit card from Toyota? Only last two days left, my dealer didn't even tell me about it.
http://www.toyota.com/shareathon/#
Old 12-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #16
bowhntr26 is on a distinguished road
bowhntr26's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you everyone i will be buying one around january im tall enough that the hood scoop doesnt bother me what i am wondering is with the composite bed is it light in the rear and sill it slide around in 2 wheel drive in the rain and snow i had that problem with the ranger i used to have
Old 12-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #17
Mr. Magoo
MonkeyChief is on a distinguished road

Name: Citizen #1839-7634-001
MonkeyChief's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosesplus View Post
Did you get your free $1K debit card from Toyota? Only last two days left, my dealer didn't even tell me about it.
http://www.toyota.com/shareathon/#
Thanks! I'll check it out, my dealer didn't say anything about it.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #18
BlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
BlueSteel's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a 2012 at my dealership with the same crappy 3-leaf pack that bottoms. Why the hell has Toyota not started putting 4 leaf packs on all new models?!

Pros: Nice styling and performance, customizable and not terrible to work on.
Cons: TSBs for the cheap parts (steering shaft, blower motor, squeeky leaf packs that never seem to get fixed fully.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #19
Thundjet is on a distinguished road
Thundjet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhntr26 View Post
Thank you everyone i will be buying one around january im tall enough that the hood scoop doesnt bother me what i am wondering is with the composite bed is it light in the rear and sill it slide around in 2 wheel drive in the rain and snow i had that problem with the ranger i used to have
Thats why you have 4 wd
Old 12-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #20
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cvillechopper's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! Post your twitter account and retweet my post and I'll retweet yours. Want to get up to the $1K mark.