LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What is the best Cold Air Intake system for a 2008 4 cylinder tacoma?

Old 12-18-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
avidtacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
avidtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What is the best Cold Air Intake system for a 2008 4 cylinder tacoma?

Hi,

I have done a lot of reading and can not seem to get the answer I am looking for.
I have a 2008 Tacoma 4 Cylinder and want to increase the horse power. I don't care about sound but would prefer it not to be loud.
What is the best Cold Air Intake system?

Any input or help appreciated.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Stock with a AFE drop in and secondary filter delete. Do a search on it.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:52 AM   #3
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
There are a lot better ways to spend $300 for your truck. Unless you want it to sound cool...
Old 12-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
There are a lot better ways to spend $300 for your truck. Unless you want it to sound cool...

What ideas do you have?
Old 12-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
We have a lot of mountain passes in my area and I would like a few extra horses when passing on hills. The only air intake system I can find stat's on for horsepower gain is the K & N system. It does 7.41 hp @ 4600 rpm.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by avidtacoma View Post
We have a lot of mountain passes in my area and I would like a few extra horses when passing on hills. The only air intake system I can find stat's on for horsepower gain is the K & N system. It does 7.41 hp @ 4600 rpm.
The stats are lies and K&N intakes aren't cold air.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #8
Faryota is a splendid one to beholdFaryota is a splendid one to beholdFaryota is a splendid one to beholdFaryota is a splendid one to beholdFaryota is a splendid one to beholdFaryota is a splendid one to beholdFaryota is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
I have an AFE in mine...a complete kit...put it on the day I got my truck...I have always thought it was the way to go!! You end up getting rig of all the factory 90's {like sucking air through a straw} I end up running over to Montana and Idaho a couple of times a year! Works well for me!!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faryota View Post
I have an AFE in mine...a complete kit...put it on the day I got my truck...I have always thought it was the way to go!! You end up getting rig of all the factory 90's {like sucking air through a straw} I end up running over to Montana and Idaho a couple of times a year! Works well for me!!!!

Thanks for your input. Volant and Afe both sound like good systems. Its a tough choice. To bad you cant just get clear data on the hp and torque gains.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
Stock, stock, stock.
your truck is done up. You still say stock hey? You do not think its worth an extra 10 horse?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:01 PM   #12
Cheeba Chief
Nicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Nicks4x4LT's Tacoma Gallery
Like everyone said, not worth it. Get a drop in filter
Old 12-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibaChief View Post
Like everyone said, not worth it. Get a drop in filter
Well which one do you think is best?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #14
Banned
Stock.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:13 PM   #15
Cheeba Chief
Nicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Nicks4x4LT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by avidtacoma View Post
Well which one do you think is best?
K&N and Afe both make good drop in replacement filters

http://www.autoanything.com/air-filters/kn-air-filters

Products Discussed in this Thread