1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota certified used vehicle warranty

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mtnTACO2b, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Dec 19, 2011 at 3:02 PM
    mtnTACO2b

mtnTACO2b [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Offroad
    I'm looking at buying a 2006 TRD offroad with 64,xxx miles on it that is Toyota certified.

I'm trying to figure out how comprehensive the 'comprehensive 12 month' warranty is. The dealer says it covers everything except wear items like windshield wipers.

I'm guessing wear items could cover a lot of potentially expensive repairs.

Does anyone have experience with these warranties? I'm interested in hearing about things they have covered, things they haven't covered, and if there is a document somewhere that spells out the details of the TCUV 12 month comprehensive warranty.

2. Dec 19, 2011 at 3:11 PM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
  3. Dec 19, 2011 at 4:03 PM
    lj973gm

lj973gm Sold it, dont miss it yet.

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
    It is a warranty like any other place they pay the tech crap for the repair so they do not want to do the work.

I have had mine in and it is almost better doing to repair yourself for anything under $200.

Hard to get a loaner vehicle.

No parts in stock typically, meaning another day of troubles

The state it was caused by improper usage, mice, water damage, etc.

I have the certified used warranty and also the extended platinum warranty. I got it when I bought a truck used from a private party but using it is just a pain.

They also make you sign off on a fee of $120 for diagnosis so they can charge you if it is not their fault. So you have to diag your vehicle yourself first and be 100% correct so they cannot pin it back on you.

I am sure this varies by dealer to dealer but I have tried a couple and it always seems to be the same game. Read up on people who have to pay a diagnosis fee for blower motor problems when toyota knows there is a problem.

Owners even under factory warranty have problems getting items replaced especially TSB items.

I know some get lucky and walk in and out quick with part in stock and no hassle but this is not the norm.

Unfortunately this is like any other company out there as well they are just trying to save money so go in being ready for a battle.

4. Dec 19, 2011 at 8:11 PM
    mtnTACO2b

mtnTACO2b [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Offroad
    Thanks for the link - I had already found that one about a dozen different ways.

What I'm really looking for is the fine print on the TCUV 12 month warranty. Does anyone have that?

5. Feb 21, 2013 at 5:39 PM
    applebmw

applebmw Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lonnie
    Greenville, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Yea, got one now, bought 09 57k miles, developed a shudder at 62k miles, they say change tranny fluid at $160 a pop, maybe three times...at MY COST !! Can wipe your butt on warranty paper, about all its good for......I paid TOP $$$ for truck too !! I paid for no good warranty...

6. Feb 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    seric007

seric007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    im sorry but about the only thing the certified used warranty is good for is wiping your :censored:.

7. Feb 22, 2013 at 3:48 AM
    OldGeezer42

OldGeezer42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Silver Base
    Husky mats,30% tint all around, DTRL,OEM Bed mat,UWS Tool box,OEM fog lights,5100's,Wheelers 3leaf HD springs.OEM cruise control,OEM wipers,,Avid light bar,Flyzeye Leds,4x4 illuminated switch.Matt123 skids,bed lights,Ome 884s
    Left stealership today, had the Gold extended warranty that I got from the owner when I bought truck. I was trying to get the TSB for Harsh ride done. I went from the stealership to Toyota warranty Dept to the Headquarters and I was still turned down, Everything was covered except for the F%!@#ing springs, and they were $1200 put on, It took me 4 trips back and forth to stealership, they just could of told me over the phone ,But in hindsight it does cover a bunch of crap, but you still have to pay for the Tech to repair or put it on.

Products Discussed in

To Top