Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

step by step removal and installation of e-locker 3rd member

Old 02-20-2014, 08:40 PM   #221
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Old 02-25-2014, 10:01 PM   #222
Ridendirtywhips will become famous soon enoughRidendirtywhips will become famous soon enough
Ridendirtywhips's Tacoma Gallery
Thank for the write up, Hopefully I can do my gears next month.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:41 PM   #223
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Old 03-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #225
tony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtony2018 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tony2018's Tacoma Gallery
Why does it break so easily like that, coming out of a driveway and such? Also whats a more beefier set, any reason why to upgrade to the 4.56?

Noob mode so bare with me.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #226
pasotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
pasotaco's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 05-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #227
pasotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
pasotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone recommend a good place to buy new gears and a locker on the west coast
Old 05-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #228
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Tom are you still running an elocker? I have another serial rear blower that has decided to swap to an ARB in an 8.4. I swear by it now. I didn't notice the Japanese label in that pic on the first page. Looks so clean and nice.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:42 PM   #229
Tacoma Addict
stevespens is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevespens is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevespens is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevespens is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevespens is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevespens is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevespens is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevespens is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevespens is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevespens is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevespens is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
stevespens's Tacoma Gallery
Great article, thanks for the hard work putting it together. Well done.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #230
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot to say thank you last year when I was swapping thirds.....used some tips from this thread that made it WAY easier to do than what the tech manuals say
Old 08-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #231
HUH?
Jkohler is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Jkohler's Tacoma Gallery
My locker seems to be stuck on. Made to sure pop the locker open before I installed it. I installed my axle shafts before I put the locker on, does that have anything to do with it?
Old 11-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #232
skeeert
CopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kins
CopyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My rear just exploded, ARB 4.56. Wasn't locked just think its seen too much stress with a lot of towing, miles and was used.

My front has 4.56 gears. As long as I dont engage 4x4 I can run whatever gear set I want in the rear, correct? Thinking I can swap in my factory carrier with factory gears for the time being. Will this work?
Old 11-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #233
skeeert
CopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kins
CopyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Absolutely.. just don't forget it's back there and engage 4wd! We've had to run a stock set for a couple weeks before.
Thanks!

Edit:

All i can say is thank god for PB Blaster and a hammer. Drive shaft would not come off, i beat it like it owed me money and nothing. PB blaster and a chisel took care of it after an over night soak. A quick soak on the carrier and that came off too with the help of my floor jack to help break its seal. Pinion is a f'd up, ring looks good. Thanks again for the very thorough write up.