Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

step by step removal and installation of e-locker 3rd member

Old 05-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #222
fka unregistered lurker...
munkel is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
munkel's Tacoma Gallery
So this guy I know followed the directions real well when they were in red, he however didn't follow the part about shifting the fork back after the install of the 3rd. What a dumbass he was.....

Thanks for the help!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #223
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Old 05-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #224
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger4x4 View Post
Yes. I'm not a complete fuck tard
I usually go off the basis that most people are.. You'd be surprised how many issues are solved with simple questions like that.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #225
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
I usually go off the basis that most people are.. You'd be surprised how many issues are solved with simple questions like that.
oh trust me i know. and it normally is the simple stuff that gets over looked
Old 06-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #226
Haws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Shawn
Haws's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 07-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #227
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
Good read! Thanks for sharing. Im doing this tomorrow with an arb 3rd into my sport
Old 07-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #228
Haws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud ofHaws has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Shawn
Haws's Tacoma Gallery
Rear diff made easy

This was easy squeezy Just followed it step by step, and I did the whole thing in just a couple hours.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #229
StanBo is on a distinguished road

Name: Stan
StanBo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to StanBo
Thanks for the great diy article. I plan on following it when I pull the trigger on a truetrac.

I have a question. Has anyone had any issue with their oem electronic (brake based) lsd after installing the truetrac?

I know my traction control gets lit off when I take some turns.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #230
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
I'll try to see if I can fix them
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Won't be able to fix the pics untill this evening
im just saying thanks to both of you. tackled this last night in about 1.5 hours with just hand tools.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #231
brochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
brochacho's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 11-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #232
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Generally speaking, heavier weight gear oil will have greater tolerances for (and provide better protection during) stressful use (high heat, high force, etc.) such as will be seen when towing, offroading, and doing other truck things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
With the downside of added resistance, no?

(not that that really matters at this point)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Correct. Typically, mileage suffers a little bit. But then, you didn't buy a truck for mileage, did you? If you did, you fucked up
so coming from 75w-90 to 85w-140, are talking about a 1-2 mpg loss or 3+ mpg loss?
Old 01-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #233
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
I was trying to install my powertrax locker today and these bolts were so hard that I couldn't continue any farther. The best I had was a cordless impact driver and it couldn't do the trick, I guess I'm gonna have to find someone with air tools!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:19 PM   #234
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What bolts were goh trying to break loose?
Old 02-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #235
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
so coming from 75w-90 to 85w-140, are talking about a 1-2 mpg loss or 3+ mpg loss?
Did you get an answer?
Old 02-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #236
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
Did you get an answer?
No but I made the switch. So many factors to really distinguish what's going on. My new gears have actually given me 1-2 mpg better. But I did gears and new diff fluid at the same time, and don't know what it would have been like with the same grade gear oil as before
Old 02-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #237
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
No but I made the switch. So many factors to really distinguish what's going on. My new gears have actually given me 1-2 mpg better. But I did gears and new diff fluid at the same time, and don't know what it would have been like with the same grade gear oil as before
Okay that makes the switch easy for me. I will do the same. What gears did you end up with and are you an Auto or Manual?

Edit: Never mind 4.56 and saw short throw upgrade! lol
Old 02-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #238
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
Okay that makes the switch easy for me. I will do the same. What gears did you end up with and are you an Auto or Manual?

Edit: Never mind 4.56 and saw short throw upgrade! lol
haha yupp!

I jumped on ECGS's group buy last summer, but didn't really have the funds to get them installed until December. So far, I'm happy with the switch. The power is back!! haha
Old 02-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #239
jstaff123 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
jstaff123's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a ton MonkeyProof for taking the time to make such a detailed write up, it was flawless and made this extremely simple. I got my 37's put on and felt like I was pulling a trailer bc of those tires; went with 4.88's from ECGS and it's a night and day difference in restored power. With your guide this install was actually quite an enjoyable task, thanks!
Old 02-20-2014, 07:40 PM   #240
Power Top