LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dur Trac Tires White or Black Wall???

View Poll Results: What would look best, white lettering on the outside or black wall on the outside?
White Lettering 96 36.92%
Black Wall 164 63.08%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #41
Tacomapro is on a distinguished road

Tacomapro's Tacoma Gallery
Before and After

These are photos of my new GoodYear Wrangler Dura Trac tiresand my old Dunlop stock tires.

The photo showing the tracks in the snow. The old stock tire on top and the new Dura Trac is bottom track. You can see there is hardly any tracks caused by the old stock tire. Winter just became a little more safer.
I decided to go with the black walls out.
Attached Thumbnails
Dur Trac Tires White or Black Wall???-trucktire1new.jpg   Dur Trac Tires White or Black Wall???-trucktire2old.jpg   Dur Trac Tires White or Black Wall???-trucktracks.jpg  
Old 01-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #42
beeesmitty is on a distinguished road

beeesmitty's Tacoma Gallery
Black out
Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #45
blueburban6 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
blueburban6's Tacoma Gallery
Hate the stock Dunlop's. They might as well be drag slicks but I'm going to wear them till they are slick shoes. Blackout BTW.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #51
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Here are mine white out after 30,000+ miles

I do use a tire cleaner once a month to bring them back to look like new. If you don't do that they will look pretty terrible. In this photo they are not cleaned though....

Old 03-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #52
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Secret Squirell, Contract Completed
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomapro View Post
I am getting Wrangler Dura Trac tires on my truck. What would look best, white lettering on the outside or black wall on the outside? Thanks!

If you had a white truck then white. but, i voted black for you
Old 04-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #53
kb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to behold

Name: Rick
kb1jop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
I only like white if its solid. Outlined white isn't for me. I say black.
x2
Old 04-04-2012, 06:16 AM   #54
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I run mine white out since I have silver wheels. If I were running black wheels I would run them black out.

Use this stuff and it'll clean up the white lettering and make them look brand new again. I use it to clean tires regardless of the lettering. It's a great tire cleaner. I noticed that Black Magic recently bought them.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #55
Do or Do not there is no try.
Toyoda Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Toyoda Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
I run mine white out since I have silver wheels. If I were running black wheels I would run them black out.

Use this stuff and it'll clean up the white lettering and make them look brand new again. I use it to clean tires regardless of the lettering. It's a great tire cleaner. I noticed that Black Magic recently bought them.

WHITE OUT! 265/70/17
Attached Thumbnails
Dur Trac Tires White or Black Wall???-dsc_0023.jpg  
Old 04-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #56
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I went white out but I'm old school.

Been using Westley's for years, too. Good stuff.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #57
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
all in what fits you style, I like it all black

some people like the old look though

Old 04-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #58
dmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud ofdmb has much to be proud of

Air Force: Metal's Tech
dmb's Tacoma Gallery
White out!

Old 04-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #59
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
black out
Old 05-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #60
Hammer Dem Down
RastAco28 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
RastAco28's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered My Dura Tracs last night and I'm having this same dilemma for my silver taco. Most likely going to run black Raceline Raptor's with them.