Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dur Trac Tires White or Black Wall???

View Poll Results: What would look best, white lettering on the outside or black wall on the outside?
White Lettering 98 37.40%
Black Wall 164 62.60%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #62
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
they have nice white walls, but it makes them look smaller. i went with black walls on mine, and am pretty happy.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #63
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdpowell View Post
i'd say black out with steel wheels but with your wheels and steps white out might work. Either way will look cool.
I agree, would good with your set up.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #64
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
i like white but...
Old 10-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #65
DolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really niceDolphinJohn is just really nice

DolphinJohn's Tacoma Gallery
I just had to replace one of my Duratracs due to a nail in the sidewall.

I was told that they are no longer making the white lettered version, only black. (not that I wanted the white letters, but when trying to find the same model # they were having trouble finding them)

My new one has black lettering on both sides.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #67
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Never liked white letters so black out for me. Red clay will really stain those white letters so jf you drive in it then black for sure.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:44 AM   #68
site4soreice is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Eazyduzit
site4soreice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHerm View Post
White! Love my Duratracs.
Nice baja! Looks like you raised the rear a bit or is it just me? 😳
Old 02-26-2014, 09:48 AM   #69
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
And this, kids, is why you don't create a poll with no expiration date.

Back roughly around the time that the original poster originally asked this question - I also bought some brand new tires... And just this week - I retired them with over 45,000 miles on them.

And people are *still* voting on this original poll, telling the guy what color to buy.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:11 AM   #71
Master Novice
duffman825 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
duffman825's Tacoma Gallery
When I put my tracs on I told the guy mounting them that I wanted the black walls out. When they wheeled it back out the white lettering was out. The more I looked at it the more I liked it. Ended up just keeping it that way and I think it was the right move.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #72
Duck76 is on a distinguished road
Duck76's Tacoma Gallery
Black!