Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pics of the FJ Cruiser Rack Installed

Old 11-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
Blacked Out TRD is just really niceBlacked Out TRD is just really niceBlacked Out TRD is just really niceBlacked Out TRD is just really niceBlacked Out TRD is just really nice
Blacked Out TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Pics of the FJ Cruiser Rack Installed

Enjoy!

Pics of the FJ Cruiser Rack Installed-side-shot.jpg
Pics of the FJ Cruiser Rack Installed-side-back.jpg
Pics of the FJ Cruiser Rack Installed-passanger-side.jpg
Pics of the FJ Cruiser Rack Installed-front-side.jpg
Old 11-22-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
Tacoma02TRD is a jewel in the roughTacoma02TRD is a jewel in the roughTacoma02TRD is a jewel in the rough

Tacoma02TRD's Tacoma Gallery
That rack looks sick along with the rest of your ride. I like your murdered out truck nice job
Old 11-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
dude your truck so so sick. love the black and red. love seeing the dog in the third picture

edit: 2nd pic
Old 11-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
What kind of grill insert is that? I've thought about doing that then putting the TOYOTA emblem in the middle like the FJ. I think Dark Knight did it, but his grille insert is recessed, not flushed...
Nope its oxymoran. but I would like to.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
If the dogs were coming after me for something, I'd be scared as hell to see them getting out of that truck. Looks awesome.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:13 PM   #10
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Nice freaking truck!!

The rack looks great.

I love the red badges, too.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #12
She's Kickass!
gavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to beholdgavonder is a splendid one to behold

gavonder's Tacoma Gallery
That looks really good. I'm impressed. How difficult was the install?

GA
Old 11-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #13
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
looks sweeet. how did you mount it?did you have to cut anything to make it fit? we need the install pics now.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #14
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
vvvveeeerrrryyyy nice Love the black w/ red accents. The rack looks good on top
Old 11-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #15
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks amazing! You have one great truck!!! I love the custom FJ rack.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #16
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about the "few" mods part, BUT it does look very nice from a distance. If you were passing me up on the highway, Id follow you to double check what I was looking at. Yup yup! I thought I saw an FJ cruiser roof rack on that Taco. Very nice work. Definitely a contender for the mods page in my opinion.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #17
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavonder View Post
That looks really good. I'm impressed. How difficult was the install?

GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
looks sweeet. how did you mount it?did you have to cut anything to make it fit? we need the install pics now.
I'd like to know as well. You mentioned in your other thread that you had to cut something, then drill new holes in the roof?

Also, where did you get the roof rack, and, if you don't mind, how much did you pay for it?

I'm really thinking about a roof rack, but all the ones I've found just look skimpy. The FJ's looks tough!

Although, if I add too much more height to my truck, I'm gonna have trouble getting in to my parking garage...
Old 11-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #18
I bleed Black and Gold
cheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant future

Name: Adam
cheehab's Tacoma Gallery
Looking great man, I'm loving the rack and the painted TRD Sport wheels!
Old 11-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #19
floridatrucker is on a distinguished road
floridatrucker's Tacoma Gallery
FJ Roof Rack

How hard was it to get it installed ?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #20
Blacked Out TRD is just really niceBlacked Out TRD is just really niceBlacked Out TRD is just really niceBlacked Out TRD is just really niceBlacked Out TRD is just really nice
Blacked Out TRD's Tacoma Gallery
The install was pretty easy being an engineer myself. I'm alsways taking things apart figuring out ways to improve on the design. The FJ Roof rack cost me $380, I had to trim the width by 1/2" total (1/4" on each side) then take approx. 20" out of the top front tube. So I wouldn't ruin the factory powder coat by welding I took approx 10" piece of pvc made a cut with my table saw from one end to the other. This enables the two adjoing tubes to have a tight fit. Because each side is of the adjoing tubes are bolted to the roof the joint is as strong as a weld joint, but enables you to adjust and make sure your roof rack mount is flush with the roof. As you can see from the first pics I extended the top front tube to meet the roof by the windshield by 2 1/2".
This is the part I didn't like to do. Because the Tacoma roof rack mounts don't match up with the FJ roof rack you have to dril Qty. 12 - 3/8" holes in the roof. Because I was also placing Dyno Mat in my truck my head liner was down to ensure I wouldn't dril any of the Side Air Bags. I siliconed everything: 12 holes, filled the channel to the top all the way around each hole, top of bolts once mounted and inside also. It has rained cats and dogs for the last week with no leakage So far no problems and have had many requests to install on other trucks. Drilling 12 holes in someone elses truck won't happen