Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 BHLM and Retros

Old 12-23-2011, 04:34 AM   #21
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post

Oh my
Old 12-23-2011, 05:02 AM   #22
booboy is on a distinguished road

booboy's Tacoma Gallery
I like! Looks good, brotha!
Old 12-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #23
shweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant future

shweller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here's a picture of my crapoff:

IMO, take off the alignment ring and adjust the horizontal yourself with a pair of channel locks. They are there to help but you donít really need them. I had one twist on me when I went to go tighten so I just took it off. Maybe you received the incorrect alignment ring but I doubt it Morimotos should be a direct bolt in plug and play for H4. Hope this helps. You wonít have to take the lens off to take the ring off either...
Old 12-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #24
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

They look like they both just need to be rotated a little bit. The mini's are not perfect you still have to play with them a bit on the ones that I have done I left the clear lense off and put them on the truck so you can check the horizontal alighnment of the cut off. If they are a little off you can slightly rotate them by hand to get them level.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #25
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
Commanderwiggin's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to try to find some time to adjust it today...just curious what I should be targetting for headlight aim/height adjustment and such? IE...truck 25ft away from wall...cutoff height?
Old 12-23-2011, 10:12 AM   #26
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Whoa! I used the rings and mine looks nothing like that!!!???

Use this link for how to aim them properly
Old 12-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #27
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that is just plain terrible!! arent those supposed to be pretty much PNP? one always needs to check the alignment when doing a retro, but i thought those things are closer than that when installed initially?!
Old 12-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #28
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm going to try to find some time to adjust it today...just curious what I should be targetting for headlight aim/height adjustment and such? IE...truck 25ft away from wall...cutoff height?
First off you want to get your cutoff level then you want to aim the in at 25'. You should have a 2.1" to 2.5" drop form the height of the midddle of your projector to the cut off on the wall. You cant use this link as a guide.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...HID-headlights
Old 12-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #29
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Whoa! I used the rings and mine looks nothing like that!!!???

Use this link for how to aim them properly
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
that is just plain terrible!! arent those supposed to be pretty much PNP? one always needs to check the alignment when doing a retro, but i thought those things are closer than that when installed initially?!
Supposed to be plug and play...dunno if the 2012 housings are different but the alignment notch is perfectly at 12 O Clock or 0 Degrees which is where it needs to be for horizontal alignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08PRELB View Post
First off you want to get your cutoff level then you want to aim the in at 25'. You should have a 2.1" to 2.5" drop form the height of the midddle of your projector to the cut off on the wall. You cant use this link as a guide.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...HID-headlights
Yes I will get the cutoff level before alignment...just wanted to take care of the aim after. Thx for the link.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
Explain your side marker mirrors!!
Ummm...they're orange?
Old 12-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #32
He said "Member," ahuh huh
Appljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
Appljaxx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandigirolamo View Post
looks great, but the chrome reflector needs to be blacked out. That way, it doesn't look like an insect. Looks good tho...
If you black out the reflector, won't it affect the amount of illumination?

Nice looking 2012.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #33
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appljaxx View Post
If you black out the reflector, won't it affect the amount of illumination?
No. All of the light on the road is put out by the projector. This type of setup doesn't need a bowl to reflect off of in order to aim its light.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #34
2012's don't fit the Mini D2S kits without modification...confirmed

Old 12-24-2011, 02:31 AM   #35
So after many frustrations including a massive mishap with some epoxy glue and a broken notch on my bulb (will need to be replaced)...we have success!!

Lows:

Lows Again:

Highs:
Old 12-24-2011, 02:33 AM   #36
Vivid Illumination

Much better! We need to have a talk eventually about what you did to accomplish the task lol. Nice work
Old 12-24-2011, 02:45 AM   #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Much better! We need to have a talk eventually about what you did to accomplish the task lol. Nice work
I ended up shaving the housing where the adapter plate fits into and allowed it some play so I could dial the horizonal alignment in...made note of it and then used some heavy duty epoxy to lock it in place...I know the next time this comes off it will be getting an FXR Setup. The glue makes it permanent...not ideal but I ran out of time and needed a solution.