Notices

Coil overs

Old 12-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
24medic is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Name: Kevin
24medic's Tacoma Gallery
Coil overs

Why aren't more people using the adjustable ranco coil over quick lift They r cheap and isn't Rancho a good brand. Plus do u need diff drop for 2.75 inches
Old 12-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
EMS:
24medic's Tacoma Gallery
Coil over help

Rancho quick lift anybody.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Rancho does OK with other brands of vehicles but does not get not very much love from the Toyota crowd.

I see you have their CO's.
How 'bout a report ?

Pics would be cool.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Crunchy Taco
blacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
blacktaco21's Tacoma Gallery
Rancho sounds like a dipping sauce for kids...

yea i'm no help
Old 12-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
They are not adjustable. 2.75 inch lift is what they are set at-no more no less.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:17 AM   #7
toytaco11 is on a distinguished road

toytaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24medic View Post
Why aren't more people using the adjustable ranco coil over quick lift They r cheap and isn't Rancho a good brand. Plus do u need diff drop for 2.75 inches
I was wondering the same thing , the quickLIFT system looks pretty good to me. IDK why Rancho gets a bad rap, I used Rancho on my Ford mud bogger and the shocks were great and handled everything I could throw at them. With a lifetime warranty on the quickLIFT I might have to give them a try. Apparently they provide 2.75" of lift and that's exactally what I want as I do not want to deal with CV issues, vibrations etc........like most experience with 3" of lift or more. Plus I like that the shock has a 9 position tuning feature to get that smooth factory ride that I'd like to maintain.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
EMS:
24medic's Tacoma Gallery
Well I got em and it lifted my truck 3.5 inch have had no problems with anything and IMO they do ride smooth My brother has over priced blistens with toy tec coil on his double cab. And they ride the same.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #9
EMS:
24medic's Tacoma Gallery
I also lifted the rear with 1.5 block for 40 bucks which everyone on this forum hates on but I like it keeps factory ride aal makes trucks way stiffer and buck
Old 02-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I also lifted the rear with 1.5 block for 40 bucks which everyone on this forum hates on but I like it keeps factory ride aal makes trucks way stiffer and buck
i was curious about the Quicklift also, thanks for the report.

the problem i see with blocks is the sag/droop over the years.

edit: can we see some pics of this lift?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ah...i want the 886s.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #14

do you have a build thread?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #15
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
cuz I take my truck through some desert roads and my Icons are smoooooth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHYIK...JwVIEqIzIuogCB
Old 02-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #16
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You never need a differential drop on the 05+ Tacomas. The differential is mounted differently than the pre-05s and all it does is rotate the diff, not drop it where the axles exit.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #17
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not all AAL's stiffen the ride and cause bucking over bumps. Icon and Wheelers both make a 1.5" 3 leaf progressive AAL that rides incredibly smooth. Also, the longer AALs made today aren't as bad as the short, thick AALs that were used 15 years ago.

That block will wear out your leaf pack quicker and can induce axle wrap. That's why most of use don't like them. So enjoy your factory ride for now, your leaf pack is on it's way out...
Old 02-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Not all AAL's stiffen the ride and cause bucking over bumps. Icon and Wheelers both make a 1.5" 3 leaf progressive AAL that rides incredibly smooth. Also, the longer AALs made today aren't as bad as the short, thick AALs that were used 15 years ago.

That block will wear out your leaf pack quicker and can induce axle wrap. That's why most of use don't like them. So enjoy your factory ride for now, your leaf pack is on it's way out...
that's what i was thinking earlier but couldn't think of the term "axle wrap".
Old 02-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07NavyTaco View Post
that's what i was thinking earlier but couldn't think of the term "axle wrap".
But constantly going through axle wrap is what causes the leaf pack to wear out quicker (constant flexing) so you did hit the nail on the head.