Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best 2nd Gen Year?

Old 12-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
PhillBenjamin is on a distinguished road
Name: Phill
PhillBenjamin's Tacoma Gallery
Best 2nd Gen Year?

Which year is the best for the 2nd generation 4x4 offroad TRDs? If money was no object, which of the years '05 - '11 would you buy? Which has the most hp for it's weight? Best off-road? (Looking to buy...)
Old 12-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
GoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoDeacsWFU23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
GoDeacsWFU23's Tacoma Gallery
Someone correct me if I am wrong but other than some minor cosmetic changes they are all basically the same. I might be wrong though.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Then you get ATRAC in 08 and up I believe
Old 12-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #5
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
07 and 08 no motor mount issues and still had true mechanical LSD in the sport models.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
'07 IMO
Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #8
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacooon View Post
07 and up (05 and 06 the motor mounts were weak )
i've heard that but......no problems here.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #9
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
i've heard that but......no problems here.
Same here but not even 40k miles yet on the 05, so maybe down the road
Old 12-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #10
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Taco View Post
07 and 08 no motor mount issues and still had true mechanical LSD in the sport models.
hey hey easy does it. My 2005 has no motor mount issues and I too have mechanical LSD
Old 12-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #11
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillBenjamin View Post
Which year is the best for the 2nd generation 4x4 offroad TRDs? If money was no object, which of the years '05 - '11 would you buy? Which has the most hp for it's weight? Best off-road? (Looking to buy...)
05! No traction control
Old 12-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #12

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
05! No traction control
o0o0o00o0o. Did not know this, I liky
Old 12-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #13
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
o0o0o00o0o. Did not know this, I liky
It can get scary with shitty tires, wet surface and lead foot in mid turn, don't ask how I know
Old 12-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #14

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It can get scary with shitty tires, wet surface and lead foot in mid turn, don't ask how I know
Dont worry, I play Forza with TCS off, Ill be fine
Old 12-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #15
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Same here but not even 40k miles yet on the 05, so maybe down the road
got a 105,000 on mine,still good
Quote:
05! No traction control
screw all that electronic crap....i got the sticking gas peddle for that
Old 12-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #16

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Well its settled then, 05 FTW!!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #17
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Ya and if the engine mount brakes, I will use it as an excuse... "Honey my engine fell out from my truck, now its broken and I need an 3UR-FE swap and stronger engine mounts"...
Old 12-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #19
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Ya and if the engine mount brakes, I will use it as an excuse... "Honey my engine fell out from my truck, now its broken and I need an 3UR-FE swap and stronger engine mounts"...