1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 seat swap help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BornMexican, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Nov 22, 2008 at 7:03 PM
    BornMexican

BornMexican [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Jackson
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner Texas Ed.
    Python Alarm Kenwood KVT-617DVD Receiver Access Tounel Cover Bedrug bed liner Kicker KS600 6-1/2" 2-way Speakers Kicker KS6930 6" x 9" 3-Way Speakers Halo projector headlights Black ABS grill Borla exhaust K&N 77 CAI Pilot foglights iPod connection Pop & Lock tailgate lock
    Hello all,
    I am planning on swapping my 2008 double cab seats both front and back with my friends who also owns a 2008 double cab. He has leather seats and needs some extra money and I want some leather seats and can part with $300. I have heard that the seats are some how tied to the airbags and to the SRS. I just disconnecting the negative terminals on both trucks enough? Thanks for your help.

[​IMG]

2. Mar 3, 2009 at 1:27 PM
    drew02a

drew02a Rocking your mom's world Since 1997

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Regular Cab 2.7L 4x4
    The seats are tied to the airbags, but don't have impact sensors. They measure weight to determine whether the airbag should be enabled or disabled.

I think fear of accidentally deploying the airbags during a swap is unfounded. Just unplug and replug.

I just finished a seat swap myself.

Products Discussed in

To Top