Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HVAC LEDs out!?

Old 11-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #21
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
hah im going through the same thing a slight punch on the knob turns the light back on ....
Old 11-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #22
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
They don't make the best contact. I would pull the HVAC controls out, unscrew the bulb, and bend the wire from the bulb up. I could show u so quick, but hard to explain. It makes the wire that is touching the contacts slightly spring loaded. Much better contact. I can find/take pics if u need them to better illustrate what i am saying.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #23
Male Member
Taco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to behold

Taco Ron's Tacoma Gallery
These are the bulbs I used in my Scion HVAC and they appear to be the same:

http://www.oznium.com/corvette-c5-led

You can also find these neo-wedge bulbs at places like www.autolumination.com
Old 11-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #24
pgn21540 is on a distinguished road
Name: Phil
pgn21540's Tacoma Gallery
heater and a/c control lights

How do you remove the assembly that holds the heater and air conditioning controls?
Old 11-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #25
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Butter or putty knife. They just "pop" in and out. Light prying on top should pop them out.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #26
pgn21540 is on a distinguished road
Name: Phil
pgn21540's Tacoma Gallery
HVAC controls

Thanks. That was easy.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #27
nb_tacoma is on a distinguished road
Navy: Marine Engineer Mechanic
Name: nick
nb_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross137 View Post
Oh duh. Good point. I'll check that out tomorrow. But it would seem strange to multiple fuses for the lights in this area. The air flow direction lights AND the AC button lights are out.

where are the fuses for the AC unit located ?
Old 12-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #28
Ross137 is on a distinguished road
Ross137's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_tacoma View Post
where are the fuses for the AC unit located ?
Probably under the dash or under the hood in the fuse compartment. It's in the manual. It's been a few years... I was amazed this thread is still alive!

I doubt it's your fuse though if only half the lights are out. Just pop the controls off and then swap the bulbs. See earlier pic, they just unscrew, no need to disassemble. Then you'll know if you have a connection issue or bad bulb. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #29
PursuitTacoma909 is on a distinguished road
Army: 3-1 STB MP
Name: Will
PursuitTacoma909's Tacoma Gallery
Fuse for A/C is located under the hood, should be a 10a fuse furthest row on the right if your leaning on the drivers side fender. Literally JUST replaced mine
Old 01-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #30
ekapec is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
ekapec's Tacoma Gallery
last thread that came up on my search for this issue.....many seem to have this issue so im reviving it again. My lights worked yesterday, but not tonight. I did use a fuse tap to the ac fuse under the hood for some aux lights, hopefully it just blew. The aux lights still work though, as does the heat, and the leds for the ac button and recirc.....I hope I don't need to buy anything. lame. but this thread helped, too bad its balls cold out or id get out there now....