Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Slight vibration after lift 0 to 20 accelerating

Old 12-23-2011, 05:34 AM   #1
RbGar is on a distinguished road

Name: John
RbGar's Tacoma Gallery
Slight vibration after lift 0 to 20 accelerating

I searched but didn't see what i have going on addressed. Installed Toytec Ult kit with Dakars on a 05 AC TRD.

I have slight vibe, not bad but noticeable from stopped to about 20mph then goes away when accelerating. Feel like its in the rear end?

Tires are balanced and alignment seem good as it drives very smoothly, all is great except for the little vibe from 0 to 20, any thoughts?

Thanks all and Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2011, 05:39 AM   #2
2006TRDSPORT
2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
2006TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I have a similiar vibe after I lifted my truck. I used 5100's in the front at 2.5" and a 2" AAL, very common with our trucks once lifted & I don't think it will cause any harm, just more of an annoyance really. I can feel mine (just slightly like you said) accelerating around 20-25mph and a little when I slow down around that speed also. I would'nt be to worried about it.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #3
RbGar is on a distinguished road

Name: John
RbGar's Tacoma Gallery
Yes take off shudder sounds correct, my mechanic wants me to come in Monday and check over and re-torque everything now that I have a week of driving around.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:11 AM   #4
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
I assume you have the diff drop, cb drop and shims installed that came with the kit. If so start by removing the diff drop first, and see if that helps. Alot of times people devop vibes from over-correcting driveline angles
Old 12-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #5
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo freak View Post
I assume you have the diff drop, cb drop and shims installed that came with the kit. If so start by removing the diff drop first, and see if that helps. Alot of times people devop vibes from over-correcting driveline angles
This. Also recheck torque on ubolts.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #6
bermslider is on a distinguished road

bermslider's Tacoma Gallery
I seem to have developed this after lifting the front 1.75" with Bilateins? Does that mean that for some reason I need to perform a diff deop even though I kept it under the famed 2", which is where I had heard if you keep under you should be fine?

I am getting a service tomorrow and a wheel alignment - really hoping that will solve the issue but I fear it is wishful thinking?