Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Price Check: 2012 Access TRD Sport, Socal

Old 12-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
Scentless is on a distinguished road
Scentless's Tacoma Gallery
Price Check: 2012 Access TRD Sport, Socal

Hi guys, just wanted to see if anyone had some insight on recent pricing I got for a:

2012 Access cab TRD Sport, Tow Package(that's what they have in inventory).

Invoice is 26,887.
Offering me $1k below invoice.

I'm thinking of coming back with - ok, let's include tax/licensing & I'll write a check right now.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I think thats a good deal!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
Yeah, only assuming I get them to include tax & licensing, right?

Typically 10%..so around $2700. If not I'd be looking at $26887.

Might have to find a middle ground if they won't work with me on the tax & licensing..not quite sure where I should go from there.

Thanks for your reply!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
Toyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shoghi
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
is 2wd or 4x4?
Old 12-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Sounds like a good deal as well
Old 12-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyoghi View Post
is 2wd or 4x4?
2wd
Old 12-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #7
Toyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say that's a pretty good deal still, especially since it's a TRD with the tow.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
Invoice is 26,887.
Offering me $1k below invoice.

I'd be looking at a final price of 25,887 if I can get them to include tax & licensing.

If not, including tax & licensing would put it around $28,587.

Should I negotiate & settle for as high as $27,000 out the door? Would keep pushing for $26,000. Then $26,500.

The greatest thing is that I have no problem getting up & leaving.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
I'd take 26,500 or less. But if they push for over that I'd get up and leave. Gaurantee they will call you back. They did with me anyways.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #10
Awesome, I agree.

Thanks for your input! These guys were pushing hard..they really want to push units right now..that's what I'm thinking, end of the year and all. Just wondering if I should wait until next week..concerned about inventories in so cal. Longo is looking like a good back up, though.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #11
kimo will become famous soon enough

Name: Darin
kimo's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a decent price. They always have a little extra room to lower the price more, act like your going to walk away,goodluck
Old 12-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo View Post
Sounds like a decent price. They always have a little extra room to lower the price more, act like your going to walk away,goodluck
^ This, but sometimes acting like your gonna walk away isn't enough. I went in on a Friday, after 6 hours they wouldn't give me the price I wanted. I left. They waited till monday and called me to tell me theyd sell it to me for the price I had asked. Gave my credit card over the phone and went and got it a couple days later.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo View Post
The $26,500 scenario?
Old 12-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
I want more than a decent price..I want a great deal!

Where is it in this scenario?

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #15
sparkhill is on a distinguished road
sparkhill's Tacoma Gallery
$1,000 below invoice is a really good price for a new (non-demo) Toyota, period. Unless there is a story with the truck, there is no way they are going to include tax and title at $1,000 below invoice.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #16
So what would your next move be - half off tax & licensing, or eat it & accept the 1k below invoice as a great deal?
Old 12-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #17
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
you always have the option to leave. Go for half off tax and licensing, if they wont do it leave.

Then if they don't call you in a few days go back eat it and buy it.

Either way you're gonna have to take the chance if you want a good deal.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #18
sparkhill is on a distinguished road
sparkhill's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone here negotiated $2,400 - $3,800 under INVOICE on a 2012? That works out to something like $4,000 - $5,400 off sticker. If they are selling trucks in SoCal that cheap, you might have other Toyota dealers standing in line to buy them.