Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

3" lift options

Old 12-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #1
CentralFlaTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
CentralFlaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
3" lift options

I've noticed all the toyotec lift kits and many other kits all use an add a leaf for the rear and blocks. I found an old man Emu kit on line that has new rear leaf springs wouldn't the OME rear leaf springs be better than adding a add a leaf ? The OME complete kit I found is saying it is a 2" lift and I'm worried it will not be enough lift for the 32" nitto's I just bought.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
you can run 32's on the stock set up with no problems
Old 12-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
2011tacotrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
2011tacotrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFlaTaco View Post
I've noticed all the toyotec lift kits and many other kits all use an add a leaf for the rear and blocks. I found an old man Emu kit on line that has new rear leaf springs wouldn't the OME rear leaf springs be better than adding a add a leaf ? The OME complete kit I found is saying it is a 2" lift and I'm worried it will not be enough lift for the 32" nitto's I just bought.
Heres a pic of my toytec lift with 285/70/16 nitto trail grapplers works fine.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
USCoastGuard12 is on a distinguished road

Name: Conner
USCoastGuard12's Tacoma Gallery
3' Lift

Heres a picture of my tacoma with a 3' revtek lift with 285/70/17http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=130417&stc=1&d=1324752 074
Attached Thumbnails
3" lift options-dscn0793.jpg  
Old 12-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Not sure which OME coils are in the kit you were looking at , but here is my truck with 885x coils up front and Dakars in the rear .

I got 2 1/2" up front from the coils only , no spacers , and the Dakars got me just about 3" in the rear which settled to 2 1/2" after adding my Leer cap .

I'm running 265/70/17 Hankook MT's

Old 12-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Most report a 2-3/4" rear lift with the Dakars (OME springs) and the front depends on which OME spring you select. (884, 885, 886)
Stay away from 886 unless you've added a plate bumper and winch.

Yes, the Dakar spring pack would be superior to AAL's or blocks.

Edit:
Damn, that friggin Canuck and all his data beat me to it.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:00 PM   #7
CentralFlaTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
CentralFlaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
With the 4cyl motor Pro comp said their 3" kit would sit too high in the front and would not work due to the stiffness of their front springs because they are meant for 6cy x cab and double cab. I want the truck to sit level not nose low like it currently does on the base 4x4 suspention and I want BMW type of handling not mushy like my stock springs so with the dacar OME rears which front OME springs would you suggest ? 884"s 885's or is it the shocks that dictate the handling and the springs are just lift ?
Old 06-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post

Yes, the Dakar spring pack would be superior to AAL's or blocks.

Can you say why? I'm pretty set on the OME kit with 885s, and was going to go with the Toytec TSB Add-a-leaf to get ~ 3" all around.

I'm not in a position to drop the $ on the Dakars right now, what's the main reason splurge for the Dakar setup vs. going with the AAL?
Old 06-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Dakars are better suited to hauling loads or towing , or for continuous loads like a cap or heavy toolbox
Old 06-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #10
callahansd is on a distinguished road

Army: 11A
callahansd's Tacoma Gallery
3" tuff country works fine with 33'' tires