Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Official VOLANT thread

Old 12-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
xwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
xwillx93's Tacoma Gallery
Official VOLANT thread

I have a Volant Intake kit sittin underneath the tree for my 2009 2.7l reg cab! Just wanted to make a thread about any products from VOLANT anyone has ever seen, used, returned, kept, etc. etc. Let's see what ya'll have to say!
Old 12-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
like Volant Pennsylvania?? thats where im from

for real though, i have a Volant intake. used to have MAF sensor issues from it, and it ran kinda rich, but otherwise, have enjoyed it. was a noticeably better increase in power. (and noise)
Old 12-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
purchased a brand new volant for my 2011. could not even come close to attaching the seal between the intake hose and fender. Also caused a CEL. I returned it for a full refund. Best bet for our trucks is to remove the secondary filter, replace the oem filter with an AFE Pro Dry and remove the baffle in the fender wall.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepidy View Post
purchased a brand new volant for my 2011. could not even come close to attaching the seal between the intake hose and fender. Also caused a CEL. I returned it for a full refund. Best bet for our trucks is to remove the secondary filter, replace the oem filter with an AFE Pro Dry and remove the baffle in the fender wall.
mine threw codes as well, but has been good for about a year
Old 12-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #6
xwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
xwillx93's Tacoma Gallery
Just got done installing it!!!!!
and un-installing it. I've never been so unhappy bith a purchase. It only gave me directions for 2 breather hoses and the MAF sensor. under the hood i have a sensor connector and another breathe rhose with no place to plug into. After countlessly calling the tech line. NOBODY picked up even after i checked what hours they were open. Returning it, and probably just deleting the smog filter.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #7
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
Man they must have dropped the ball on the design for the taco! i had one on my xterra and it was awesome! it was pretty much the first mod anyone suggested doing on it! i never had a problem with it on her (no thrown codes or anything)! i hate to hear that it sucks for the tacos... oh well. but just to save face for them not all of their products are bad.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #9
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
thats goood to hear.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #10
Nick3515 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Nick3515's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed mine a little tricky with the breather hoses if you don't know to hook the small breather to the already installed small breather can put your mind in a tail spin. Truck sounds really good and very clean. Make sure you un hook the negative battery cable before you start disassembling or else it will throw codes.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #11
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
The newer designs must have more hose cause my 2005 only has two hoses. And I can remove my stock assembley and install the volant in about 20 mins flat
Old 02-13-2012, 11:53 PM   #12
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I use to have one. I got CEL codes but it was fixed with the URD MAF calibrator. If anyone is running the 4.0L model, i recommend getting the URD Amsoil Dry Filter to replace the oiled filter. Its a perfect replacement.
I decided to sell it mainly to fund other mods since I wanted to buy aftermarket rims.
I'm back to stock at the moment with the Afe drop in. I probably wouldn't go back and spend the $500 for the intake setup.

EDIT: I also had the Ram air with my setup.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #13
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaTRD View Post
I use to have one. I got CEL codes but it was fixed with the URD MAF calibrator. If anyone is running the 4.0L model, i recommend getting the URD Amsoil Dry Filter to replace the oiled filter. Its a perfect replacement.
I decided to sell it mainly to fund other mods since I wanted to buy aftermarket rims.
I'm back to stock at the moment with the Afe drop in. I probably wouldn't go back and spend the $500 for the intake setup.
Wow nice! I need a new filter and the Volant replacements are $95!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #14
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Wow nice! I need a new filter and the Volant replacements are $95!
The URD filter are nice. its the ones they use for their superchargers. The filter also has an inner lip that keeps it from getting installed too far deep, which can reduce air flow.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #16
Brendan is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Brendan's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Volant intake and i had a hard time fitting the MAF sensor back on the intake tube with the new o-ring that comes with the kit. Since then zero issues. I'm also getting the MAF calibrator to get the most out of it.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #17
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
I have the Volant intake and i had a hard time fitting the MAF sensor back on the intake tube with the new o-ring that comes with the kit. Since then zero issues. I'm also getting the MAF calibrator to get the most out of it.
Same and my sensor is sort of at a weird angle which I don't really like but will deal with it for now.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #18
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaToyTaco View Post
I have a 2011 4.0L with volant and ram induction and I love it. Put the DTLT headers on and dynomax muffler and top it with a URD Calibrator. It sounds good and performs better. Install it took me longer to get the old off than to install volant. Just saying
How hard was the scoop to install?
Old 02-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #19
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
How hard was the scoop to install?
Not who you posted to, but it's a no-brainer. There's a black plastic trim piece on top of the radiator support held on with the wonderful black pushpin pieces of shtitt. Pop the pushpins, remove the trim piece, attach the ramair scoop to the airbox, position the scoop on the radiator support, push the pushpins back in place. Voila!!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #20
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
Not who you posted to, but it's a no-brainer. There's a black plastic trim piece on top of the radiator support held on with the wonderful black pushpin pieces of shtitt. Pop the pushpins, remove the trim piece, attach the ramair scoop to the airbox, position the scoop on the radiator support, push the pushpins back in place. Voila!!
Wow lol even I couldnt mess that one up! Jesus