Rock Rails/Sliders 50 60.98%
ATC Slot 17x9 wheels 18 21.95%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
Jholder70 has a spectacular aura aboutJholder70 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Jholder70's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation New Taco... First mod?

Hey all - Merry christmas, Just got a new 2012 Tacoma and can't decide what to do first:

1. Black Side Steps
2. ATX "Slot" Wheels
3. Rock Sliders/Rails?

thoughts?
Old 12-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Sliders Havent seen a 2012 with them yet
X2

Let the modding begin. Say bye to your bank account
Old 12-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
Put Miles on her? thats my favorite mod!
Old 12-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
Aight
sernaj64 is on a distinguished road
Name: Juan
sernaj64's Tacoma Gallery
thats a heck yeah
Old 12-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #6
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Tint
Exhaust
Lift
Tires
Wheels
CAI
Sliders
Alarm
Stereo
WT floormats etc
Old 12-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #7

Air Force:
need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Send me your grill so I may have my way with it.

Welcome to TW!
NEED THIS FOR A 12!
Old 12-26-2011, 12:41 AM   #8
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders or wheels IMO.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:53 AM   #9
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders and a Homer grill!
Old 12-26-2011, 02:30 AM   #10
socal_av is on a distinguished road

Name: Rudy
socal_av's Tacoma Gallery
. bhlm looks amazing on the 12. if you were closer homer i would send you mine. get the wheels. and sliders.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #12
Wallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard:
Wallygater's Tacoma Gallery
I vote Supercharger! And I will have sliders before a lift. They are all painted up now and waiting to be put on the truck. Nothing wrong with armoring up the truck before a lift cause you can still cause damage with a lift.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #13
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallygater View Post
Supercharger!

To my knowledge, the supercharger isnt available yet. The 2012 has some additional smog crap in the engine bay that will make things more challenging.

As for the first mod, I'd say go with a lift first, then the wheels/tires and sliders. Then Supercharge when it is available.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #14
Wallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard:
Wallygater's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIRS View Post
To my knowledge, the supercharger isnt available yet. The 2012 has some additional smog crap in the engine bay that will make things more challenging.

As for the first mod, I'd say go with a lift first, then the wheels/tires and sliders. Then Supercharge when it is available.

Did not know that. Figured since it's the same truck it would be easy. Oh well. I vote sliders then.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #15
jprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to all
Navy: Honorably Discharged
Name: Joshua
jprovence's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
Why would you want sliders or wheels before a lift? I say lift first then wheels and tires
I know this is my first post ever on this site, but I'd get sliders just for the parking lot protection if nothing else.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #16
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jholder70 View Post
Hey all - Merry christmas, Just got a new 2012 Tacoma and can't decide what to do first:

1. Black Side Steps
2. ATX "Slot" Wheels
3. Rock Sliders/Rails?

thoughts?
Just drive it until you figure it out! Works every time.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #17
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Tint, then better wheels/tires (i'm not a fan of the stock Sport wheels...)

Oh, and avid step rails. Dooo eeeeet! Mine are being fabbed up as we speak
Old 12-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #18

Air Force:
I am leaning hard to new wheels..

Options are ATX SLOT, or XD BULLY...
Attached Thumbnails
New Taco... First mod?-tacoma_option5xdbully.jpg   New Taco... First mod?-tacoma_option3slot.jpg  
Old 12-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #19
Punkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Ryan
Punkindrublic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post
Tint, then better wheels/tires (i'm not a fan of the stock Sport wheels...)

Oh, and avid step rails. Dooo eeeeet! Mine are being fabbed up as we speak
Agreed on the Avid step rails. Mine are also being made as we speak. A cheaper quick mod could be LED dome lights. IMO they look really good and light up your cab much brighter.