Old 12-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
wlowe is on a distinguished road
Name: Bill
wlowe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpr676 View Post
Anyone who has it tell me the number for the 4.0 motor
and do you like it. thanks Tim
F-103 or F-103N, { F-103N has a nipple to connect a hose, sits down lower}.

I have one on my Dodge Cummins and like it a lot. Easier, cleaner, and faster plus no plug to torque every time. I'll be installing one on my Tacoma in the near future.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine a lot. it works very well on our trucks since the oil filter is on top no mess what so ever. for other vehicles where the oil filter is on the botton, it still gets messy when unscrewing the filter. make sure you get the little clamp that goes around the valve.

Old 12-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
45acp and I were talking about them. He found one at O'Reilley's here in town, but it's not quite the same as the fumoto. It wouldn't fit his 4 banger but it'd fit my V6. I'm thinking of picking one up @ my next oil change.

But you might not want to listen to me, I am a 1st Gen posting in this thread that's in the "2nd Gen" section...
Old 12-27-2011, 03:35 AM   #6
tpr676 is on a distinguished road

tpr676's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
I like mine a lot. it works very well on our trucks since the oil filter is on top no mess what so ever. for other vehicles where the oil filter is on the botton, it still gets messy when unscrewing the filter. make sure you get the little clamp that goes around the valve.

What is the clamp????
Old 12-27-2011, 04:19 AM   #7
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
I've got mine. Get the one with a nipple. I like things with nipples.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:28 AM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I just don't like the vandalism feature where someone could open it up and then you are stuck if you notice it or fucked worse if you don't and drive off with no oil in the motor. Kinda trumps the convenience factor for me. I'll keep wrenching the plug. But y'all go right ahead............
Old 12-27-2011, 04:34 AM   #9
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
I just don't like the vandalism feature where someone could open it up and then you are stuck if you notice it or fucked worse if you don't and drive off with no oil in the motor. Kinda trumps the convenience factor for me. I'll keep wrenching the plug. But y'all go right ahead............
Damn, someone would have to know or really be looking for something to do to your truck to crawl under it to notice you even have the valve....

Anyway. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with it, I'm sure its a good valve, but everything can fail in my mind, and that valve to me could fail before the bolt came loose. Unless your putting a ton of miles on your truck and changing the oil pretty often, then not really needed IMO.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:45 AM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Damn, someone would have to know or really be looking for something to do to your truck to crawl under it to notice you even have the valve....
..........or happen on one of these threads where umpteen people post up about having one. I try to eliminate leaving things up to chance when at all possible. Happenstance can be a motherfucker. How would the warranty people handle it if it did happen and you ran the motor dry? Couldn't pass that one on to them. Convenience comes with a price and risk, something most folks never consider until something bad happens. No, I'm not paranoid. I just cannot afford to not cover my bases. No one else will, not even when paying them too in a lot of cases. If you just stop and ask yourself...How can this fuck me around?....some of these things can be avoided. If you stop and think about the possible consequences of things then the convenience aspect a lot of the time fades into nah, not worth it.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:54 AM   #11
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
..........or happen on one of these threads where umpteen people post up about having one. I try to eliminate leaving things up to chance when at all possible. Happenstance can be a motherfucker. How would the warranty people handle it if it did happen and you ran the motor dry? Couldn't pass that one on to them. Convenience comes with a price and risk, something most folks never consider until something bad happens. No, I'm not paranoid. I just cannot afford to not cover my bases. No one else will, not even when paying them too in a lot of cases. If you just stop and ask yourself...How can this fuck me around?....some of these things can be avoided. If you stop and think about the possible consequences of things then the convenience aspect a lot of the time fades into nah, not worth it.
I got ya, but if they are willing to go to all the trouble to actually crawl under the truck, chances are they would crawl under there and take the bolt out too... Thats not why I wouldn't want one.

Alos, if you change your own oil, the bolt comes out and the engine runs dry, I would be willing to bet that warranty would not cover it, becuase you changed the oil.

To each his own though.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
To each his own though.
Yes, definitely this.............
Old 12-27-2011, 05:44 AM   #13
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Just got to use mine for the first time a few days ago. Loved it. No need for my oil catch pan anymore, just drain it straight into jugs to take to the recycler.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:02 AM   #14
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
i change my oil once a year.....with amsoil.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:04 AM   #15
sherlock will become famous soon enough

sherlock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpr676 View Post
What is the clamp????
(no nipple) 5/8" hose clip (with nipple)

Regarding the Fumoto Valve .............. Important, when you do the install of the Fumoto Valve on your Toyota, do not use a crush washer. Use the blue fiber washer that comes with the valve only. Again, just the fiber washer that is provided by Fumoto, no crush washer.

When you go to do the Fumoto install, take a little oil, clean or dirty and slightly moisten both sides of the blue fiber washer just before you do the install. You want the washer slightly moist so it slips when you tighten the valve. Do not let the fiber washer soak in the oil just wet the washer with oil and then do your install right away. Tighten the Fumoto up firmly but don't over tighten. The Fumoto valve is brass and you don't want to damage your valve or at that matter the threads on your oil pan by dealing with it like a crazy person.

Hint: Best place to but is at Amazon.com. Pricing good and free shipping.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:33 AM   #17
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I know its been covered before, and I think I said it before, but how hard is it to undo the drain plug each time to make this purchase worth it? cmon....

BUT

Quote:
To each his own though.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:15 AM   #18
YGWYPF
RainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Naval Aviator
RainDodger's Tacoma Gallery
I've used them for 20 years on every kind of engine imaginable.... and all vehicles. Never a problem and they save a bunch of time. I can change the oil and filter in one of our V6s in about as long as it takes to open 5qts of oil.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #19
sherlock will become famous soon enough

sherlock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
I know its been covered before, and I think I said it before, but how hard is it to undo the drain plug each time to make this purchase worth it? cmon....

BUT
To each his own .. Reality is though there are valid reasons for installing a Fumoto oil drain valve. For sure the Fumoto oil drain valve simplifies and more the oil change process. Open the valve and cleanly and efficiently drain oil into a plastic jug(s). No mess, no changing crush washer, no worry about an over tightened drain plug or stripping a drain plug... losing a drain plug. No having to transfer oil from a drain pan to jugs before heading to the recycle drop point. Virtually, no clean-up. No oil drain pans to clean up. Ever want to get a quick oil sample for analysis, etc., you can easily do this anytime if you have a Fumoto. Another point.. oil change can be done in minutes and with little to do Summer or Winter.. no pans, wrenches, crush washers, etc.. Those living at an apartment complex that says no working on vehicles in parking lot appreciate the Fumoto. Yes, the Fumoto costs $25.00 but to some the cost is trivial in comparison to the convenience, etc. the valve affords. Again, to each his own. No different then any other aftermarket goodie you install... is it really needed...
Old 12-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #20
tpr676 is on a distinguished road

tpr676's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
(no nipple) 5/8" hose clip (with nipple)

Regarding the Fumoto Valve .............. Important, when you do the install of the Fumoto Valve on your Toyota, do not use a crush washer. Use the blue fiber washer that comes with the valve only. Again, just the fiber washer that is provided by Fumoto, no crush washer.

When you go to do the Fumoto install, take a little oil, clean or dirty and slightly

moisten both sides of the blue fiber washer just before you do the install. You want the washer slightly moist so it slips when you tighten the valve. Do not let the fiber washer soak in the oil just wet the washer with oil and then do your install right away. Tighten the Fumoto up firmly but don't over tighten. The Fumoto valve is brass and you don't want to damage your valve or at that matter the threads on your oil pan by dealing with it like a crazy person.

Hint: Best place to but is at Amazon.com. Pricing good and free shipping.
Thanks great info.

Products Discussed in this Thread