Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ac vent fan

Old 11-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
ac vent fan

my Air Con interior fan is making some weird noise and i dont know what it could be. how do you get into the one on the far passenger side?

and how do you hook up your iPod to your radio? i have Sirius hooked up to. ac vent fan-ipodletsrock32.jpg

this is all for a 2006
Old 11-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of noise? Does it sound like a winding squeaky noise that comes on when the unit is on (not necessarily just the A/C)? If thats the same noise...I don't know how to fix it. I hear the same damn noise and it's annoying as hell. Sorry, but I feel your pain.
As far as an ipod hook-up, I've got a direct cable coming out of the pen holder next the gears where I plug and play by clicking on the CD button again which allows me to use the Ipod vs a cd.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
What kind of noise? Does it sound like a winding squeaky noise that comes on when the unit is on (not necessarily just the A/C)? If thats the same noise...I don't know how to fix it. I hear the same damn noise and it's annoying as hell. Sorry, but I feel your pain.
As far as an ipod hook-up, I've got a direct cable coming out of the pen holder next the gears where I plug and play by clicking on the CD button again which allows me to use the Ipod vs a cd.
Yeah thats exactly what it is. i know im with you as well, no one can hear it in my family besides me.
About the iPod, when are taking the radio interface out, you have those tab things under the vents closest to the radio. my truck has the airbag on/off option, can you take off that right tab with the airbag switch??
Old 11-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Hey i also found out that you want 2009 tail lights, so do i. but i dont want to spend $459.00 each. holler at me when you found 2 two trade deals.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:38 PM   #5
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
You got it! In regards to the airbag on/off switch. I can't help there. I don't have that option. You've got to tell me if you find out where that noise is coming from. Im seriously driving with the radio louder so I don't hear it. It's like a high pitch noise only a dog hears. That's not to say something about me. LOL. Its sad but reassuring that Im not the only one hearing things from behind the vents (somewhere in that black whole).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Hey i also found out that you want 2009 tail lights, so do i. but i dont want to spend $459.00 each. holler at me when you found 2 two trade deals.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
You got it! In regards to the airbag on/off switch. I can't help there. I don't have that option. You've got to tell me if you find out where that noise is coming from. Im seriously driving with the radio louder so I don't hear it. It's like a high pitch noise only a dog hears. That's not to say something about me. LOL. Its sad but reassuring that Im not the only one hearing things from behind the vents (somewhere in that black whole).
haha yeah it sucks, i read, i believe it was one this site, that someone said that it was the blower or debris in the tube and its hitting against the fan. but I doubt thats the case.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
It sounds like it needs a case of WD-40! To some degree, it may sound like there's a leaf hitting the blade itself. I don't know. What I do know is that its gotta stop and SOOOON!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:23 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i will try to fix this problem and i will get to as soon as possible. yeah i guess it does sound like a leaf but how would it get in?
Old 11-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #9
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be Waiting! That's what I do best. haha. Hoping the stupid leaf would fall apart by now. Nope! It's still there.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:19 PM   #10
07TACOTRDSPORT is on a distinguished road

07TACOTRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Back to the squeaky blower noise: Mine does this too on low. It is driving me insane. If you guys figure this out let me know.

I'm also trying to figure out an xm radio solution. I have an aftermaket system now and i just like the factory look better.... Plus i miss my steering wheel controls
Old 12-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TACOTRDSPORT View Post
Back to the squeaky blower noise: Mine does this too on low. It is driving me insane. If you guys figure this out let me know.

I'm also trying to figure out an xm radio solution. I have an aftermaket system now and i just like the factory look better.... Plus i miss my steering wheel controls
So does mine i thinking that our blower is blowing to hard on low and the fan cant keep up. Im Guessing. If you have an AUX in the back of your aftermarket head unit, plug a ipod connector into the back of it.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #12
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
There's a thread on this already for both topics. When I find them, I'll post the link. Unless somebody beats me to it.

Here's the link for the Ipod Interface...got mine at Circuit City for 50 bucks
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...w-2nd-gen.html

Here's the link for the AC noise....its because the blower fan isn't balanced.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ird-noise.html

Best of luck!
Old 12-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
There's a thread on this already for both topics. When I find them, I'll post the link. Unless somebody beats me to it.

Here's the link for the Ipod Interface...got mine at Circuit City for 50 bucks
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...w-2nd-gen.html

Here's the link for the AC noise....its because the blower fan isn't balanced.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ird-noise.html

Best of luck!
Thank you. And thank you for the Links
Old 12-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #14
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
my Air Con interior fan is making some weird noise and i dont know what it could be. how do you get into the one on the far passenger side?

and how do you hook up your iPod to your radio? i have Sirius hooked up to. Attachment 16942

this is all for a 2006
Crutchfield has an adapter. #DF-TOY plugs into a port on the back of the radio originally for a CD changer...i think it might have two RCA inputs