1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Tacoma Options

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by txduckhunter, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Dec 26, 2011 at 9:05 PM
    txduckhunter

txduckhunter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    centex
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC LB SR5 4x4
    2.5" lift, ARE Shell, Ducks Unlimited Rubber Floor Mats. ROGUE badges,
    I've decided I'm going to go with a new 2011. I have a few questions.

First I have decided I want double cab, v6, 4x4, auto. Tow package.

I've narrowed down to Barcelona red, and timberland mica.(leaning towards timber because it seems less common)

Main use will be daily driver, but also hunting rig every weekend and pulling my Malibu to the river.

I've been looking through all the packages and just kind of wondering if anybody could tell me a major reason why to go with SR5 or offroad? I dont really notice a difference between the two.

And least importantly... Can you get the scoop without the sport package? I kind of like it.

Thanks in advance. I've already learned a ton off this site. I'm looking to test drive this Friday and purchase next Friday or Saturday.

2. Dec 26, 2011 at 9:19 PM
    IluvTEA

IluvTEA Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC LB 4x4 SR5 Super White
    Cooper ST 265/75/16 on Flat Black TRD OR wheels, window tint, blacked-out badges, front mudflap trim, BHLM, Base Black Rear Bumper Swap, Color-matched grille, Custom Relentless Fab plate bumper powdercoated flat wrinkle black and "TACOMA" backlit with Drunknsloth LEDs, Camburg 2.5" coilovers, LR UCAs, Power sliding rear window, Back-up camera anytime, FX-R projectors/Morimoto 3Five Ballasts/D2S bulbs 5000K, Black WeatherTechs, heated TRD seats with Roadwire Graphite Leather, OEM Roof Rack, front mud flap delete, Black Level 8 Guardians, TreadWright 285/75/16 with KG ...
    I'm sure you could search to find exact details or just check the Toyota website or the brochure at the dealership. I have a 2010 so I might be slightly off...

OR has upgraded seats, the power converter in the bed, cool stickers on the bedsides, bilstein shocks, BFG tires, and some different traction control type stuff, that's about it.

Nope, the scoop hood is only on the Sport version. Rarely, guys sell them on here or craigslist.

3. Dec 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM
    Murph

Murph Go Pack Go!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fox Valley, WI
    Vehicle:
    2000 Extra Cab TRD O/R
    3" lift. American racing 15'' rims. 33x12.50 BFG A/T tires. tool box. ARB bumper, mile marker winch, kc highlights. No carpet inside sprayed with bed liner. Kicker door speakers. Alpine head unit.
    Don't forget the rear diff lock :D. I'd go with red personally. Only because I love green so much and want it to be rare haha I'm selfish :p.

4. Dec 26, 2011 at 9:30 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    Biggest reason to get a TRD package in a daily driver is the upgraded seats.

If you get more into offroading, TRD offroad has good options that make the truck more capable. But you can go pretty deep into the forest 4x4 with stock open diffs.

If you want double cab long bed, you have to go SR5 or TRD sport.

5. Dec 26, 2011 at 9:48 PM
    ROGU3 PR3DATOR

ROGU3 PR3DATOR Space Shuttle Door Gunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Alamogordo, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2011 TRD Off-Road
    Lifted, Supercharged, Armored, and lots more
    X2 on the scoop. But im right there with you. Wish I had one on mine. The TRD Off Road has the Locking rear dif which is probably the biggest difference. Its got DAC (downhill assist control?) as well as A-trac and an airbag disengage button to keep from deploying them while off roading. The DAC controls the braking to the wheels when engaged but I am not 100 percent sure if its to each one individually. And it sounds horrendous when its working...or mines jacked up. I think it works like ABS but again not sure. Rather then the DAC I just used 4low when I was hunting this year. Worked like a champ. Hope this helps, or at least gives you some ammo to use against your salesman next week.

6. Dec 27, 2011 at 9:09 AM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    The most important difference is the 4WD Off Road TRD has additional traction in the front and rear than all other Tacomas (Rear Locking Differential & A-TRAC on the front & rear tires). DAC is for if you do a lot of steep downhill off road trails, as it will prevent any one brake from locking and causing a skid putting the truck sideways and into a roll-over.

7. Dec 27, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    Fodder4U

Fodder4U Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    The Colony, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab 4x4 Stock for now.
    Yeah but isn't the rear axle in the SR5 a little stronger than the one with the locking dif. offered the in TRD Offroad?

8. Dec 27, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    If you're gonna build your truck out to the max, including installing ARB lockers, sure. But that runs to bucks.

And I know some guys who wheel it pretty hard with the e-locker.

9. Dec 27, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    Toyoghi

Toyoghi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shoghi
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab
    Solid tri-fold Tonneau, Deezee Bed mat, Pop n Lock.
    Are you even able to have colour choice on a 2011 this time of year? There is only a few left in this area anyways. When I got mine my only choice was silver for the DCLB I wanted. Lucky that I wanted silver anyways... But I didn't have a choice.

10. Dec 27, 2011 at 9:11 PM
    txduckhunter

txduckhunter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    centex
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC LB SR5 4x4
    2.5" lift, ARE Shell, Ducks Unlimited Rubber Floor Mats. ROGUE badges,
    I don't really do any "offroading" for the sake of offroading. I do go through mud occasionally to get to hunting spots and fishing holes. And on crappy boat launches.

Also yes there's a decent selection of colors around here.

As of right now I've got fingers crossed came across an 08 exactly how I want it with low miles. Had a dealer buddy run carfax and also says it's a great deal.

Gonna check it out in the morning and see if I can drive it home if it all goes well. Hopefully I'll be posting pics of my new(ish) taco soon.

11. Dec 27, 2011 at 10:02 PM
    Murph

Murph Go Pack Go!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fox Valley, WI
    Vehicle:
    2000 Extra Cab TRD O/R
    3" lift. American racing 15'' rims. 33x12.50 BFG A/T tires. tool box. ARB bumper, mile marker winch, kc highlights. No carpet inside sprayed with bed liner. Kicker door speakers. Alpine head unit.
    Either way sounds like a win! Let us know asap!!!

12. Dec 27, 2011 at 10:21 PM
    rbeezy

rbeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    Good luck

Products Discussed in

To Top