Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 Tacoma Options

Old 12-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
txduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
txduckhunter's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Tacoma Options

I've decided I'm going to go with a new 2011. I have a few questions.

First I have decided I want double cab, v6, 4x4, auto. Tow package.

I've narrowed down to Barcelona red, and timberland mica.(leaning towards timber because it seems less common)

Main use will be daily driver, but also hunting rig every weekend and pulling my Malibu to the river.

I've been looking through all the packages and just kind of wondering if anybody could tell me a major reason why to go with SR5 or offroad? I dont really notice a difference between the two.

And least importantly... Can you get the scoop without the sport package? I kind of like it.

Thanks in advance. I've already learned a ton off this site. I'm looking to test drive this Friday and purchase next Friday or Saturday.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
IluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Demolition
IluvTEA's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure you could search to find exact details or just check the Toyota website or the brochure at the dealership. I have a 2010 so I might be slightly off...

OR has upgraded seats, the power converter in the bed, cool stickers on the bedsides, bilstein shocks, BFG tires, and some different traction control type stuff, that's about it.

Nope, the scoop hood is only on the Sport version. Rarely, guys sell them on here or craigslist.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget the rear diff lock . I'd go with red personally. Only because I love green so much and want it to be rare haha I'm selfish .
Old 12-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Biggest reason to get a TRD package in a daily driver is the upgraded seats.

If you get more into offroading, TRD offroad has good options that make the truck more capable. But you can go pretty deep into the forest 4x4 with stock open diffs.

If you want double cab long bed, you have to go SR5 or TRD sport.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
ROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: EOD Tech
Name: Jake
ROGU3 PR3DATOR's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on the scoop. But im right there with you. Wish I had one on mine. The TRD Off Road has the Locking rear dif which is probably the biggest difference. Its got DAC (downhill assist control?) as well as A-trac and an airbag disengage button to keep from deploying them while off roading. The DAC controls the braking to the wheels when engaged but I am not 100 percent sure if its to each one individually. And it sounds horrendous when its working...or mines jacked up. I think it works like ABS but again not sure. Rather then the DAC I just used 4low when I was hunting this year. Worked like a champ. Hope this helps, or at least gives you some ammo to use against your salesman next week.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Toyota.com for specs. It will show the 2012 specs but the 2011s are similar.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
The most important difference is the 4WD Off Road TRD has additional traction in the front and rear than all other Tacomas (Rear Locking Differential & A-TRAC on the front & rear tires). DAC is for if you do a lot of steep downhill off road trails, as it will prevent any one brake from locking and causing a skid putting the truck sideways and into a roll-over.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #8
Fodder4U is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
Fodder4U's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah but isn't the rear axle in the SR5 a little stronger than the one with the locking dif. offered the in TRD Offroad?
Old 12-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #9
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodder4U View Post
Yeah but isn't the rear axle in the SR5 a little stronger than the one with the locking dif. offered the in TRD Offroad?
If you're gonna build your truck out to the max, including installing ARB lockers, sure. But that runs to bucks.

And I know some guys who wheel it pretty hard with the e-locker.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #10
Toyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shoghi
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
Are you even able to have colour choice on a 2011 this time of year? There is only a few left in this area anyways. When I got mine my only choice was silver for the DCLB I wanted. Lucky that I wanted silver anyways... But I didn't have a choice.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #11
txduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
txduckhunter's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really do any "offroading" for the sake of offroading. I do go through mud occasionally to get to hunting spots and fishing holes. And on crappy boat launches.

Also yes there's a decent selection of colors around here.

As of right now I've got fingers crossed came across an 08 exactly how I want it with low miles. Had a dealer buddy run carfax and also says it's a great deal.

Gonna check it out in the morning and see if I can drive it home if it all goes well. Hopefully I'll be posting pics of my new(ish) taco soon.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #12
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
Either way sounds like a win! Let us know asap!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #13
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck