Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ARB Bumper Question

Old 12-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Lonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud of

Lonewolf's Tacoma Gallery
ARB Bumper Question

Greetings TW, question: I tow my Tacoma behind my motorhome.
My question is, based on the photo below, can I possibly mount an ARB bumper and still have access to the plug and towing points?

Thank you in advance.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Ive never heard of anyone doing that before. I'm not sure how it would work. I would call ARB in WA and ask.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
Lonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud of

Maybe someone can post a similar pic of their mounted ARB for comparison?
Old 12-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
It would be close, my first impression is no though.

I'd take a pic of my bumper like that but it was just wrecked and could be deceiving.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe you should have read your owner's manual. It specifically states that the Tacoma is not designed to be towed behind a motorhome, unless it is on a trailer.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
Maybe you should have read your owner's manual. It specifically states that the Tacoma is not designed to be towed behind a motorhome, unless it is on a trailer.
Maybe you should ask how I do it before giving out advice Einstein.....
I have a Remco drive shaft disconnect, been towing for three years over 15 thousand miles with NO issues.

Next time you hop into a thread Froggy, be helpful, and know what you're talking about before you hit the button junior.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Maybe you should ask how I do it before giving out advice Einstein.....
I have a Remco drive shaft disconnect, been towing for three years over 15 thousand miles with NO issues.

Next time you hop into a thread Froggy, be helpful, and know what you're talking about before you hit the button junior.

Burn...
Old 12-27-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
ARB's instructions: http://store.arbusa.com/Assets/PDF/3423030i.pdf

Look at photo #4. I think the mounting bracket will interfere with your tow points.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
ARB's instructions: http://store.arbusa.com/Assets/PDF/3423030i.pdf

Look at photo #4. I think the mounting bracket will interfere with your tow points.
Thanks Ken, hard to tell from that photo.
If you look at photo 38 it looks like it might work....
If not ARB I wonder if any other similar plate bumpers would work with my situation?
I'm open to other suggestions if the ARB is a no go.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
olgzr is just really niceolgzr is just really niceolgzr is just really niceolgzr is just really nice
olgzr's Tacoma Gallery
Could your towing points be added to the ARB bumper?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgzr View Post
Could your towing points be added to the ARB bumper?
I have thought of that however I'm not sure.......
Old 12-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #13
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I'd have to see more of your tow points before I could give you an answer. I think you'd be able to do it if you modified the Stone Guard on the ARB. It's thin metal so it's really easy do if needed.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #14
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The Demello bumper looks to be clear around the bottom crossmember:

They have a vendor section on TW: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/demello-offroad/
Old 12-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I'd have to see more of your tow points before I could give you an answer. I think you'd be able to do it if you modified the Stone Guard on the ARB. It's thin metal so it's really easy do if needed.
Does this help?

Old 12-27-2011, 09:13 PM   #16
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Check my photo gallery. I have a head on shot that may help.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Check my photo gallery. I have a head on shot that may help.
Thanks Andy. Any chance you might have a photo during installation without the stone guard on?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #18
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Thanks Andy. Any chance you might have a photo during installation without the stone guard on?
I might have a few, I'll check when I get home.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
I might have a few, I'll check when I get home.
That would be very helpful.
Thank You!