Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Payload increase?

Old 12-28-2011, 02:59 AM   #21
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
The legal limit for a truck pulling any trailer, in most states, is 1000lbs without trailer brakes.
I don't care what you are pulling. 7600 will push you through whatever you are trying to stop fast for. I have pulled fully loaded hay wagons with a gmc 3500 and a chevy 1500. The gmc handled it better than the chevy, but neither would stop on a dime. The chevy was overloaded, but it was necessary.
Leave the big stuff for the one ton trucks. That's that they are made for. Anything smaller, and you will either find a ditch, or the middle of trouble.
Get a bigger truck!
Old 12-28-2011, 03:04 AM   #22
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreidTaco View Post
And who said that the thing I would be pulling is even a trailer? People jumping to conclusions. Tisk. Tisk. The weight is only 7,650 lbs.
Its a grain cart. http://www.jm-inc.com/specifications...ec_750-16.html This one, to be precise.
Shit, forget everything I have posted on this, you need a much bigger truck!
Did you read the specs? Tongue weight loaded is 2700 lbs. You need a friggin tractor; I forget which class it is, but you're looking at a 4500+ truck for that load.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:07 AM   #23

Come in here with more info to start with. Then you won't catch us flatfooted.
Tacoma hauling a grain wagon... are you friggin high?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #24
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
i wanna see pics if this thing loaded onto the taco..i bet his frame will bend..the tacoma frame is c-channeled and not boxed..

here's a 1/2 ton F-150 exceeding the weight limit..and look what happened

more of the story here....http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...g/1/page/1.cfm
Old 12-28-2011, 08:27 AM   #26
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meh..i think this topic is a troll topic just to get everyone wiled up....

Old 12-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #27
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Final answer....
Which of these two vehicles would you rather trash, the Taco or the Chevy ?
Old 12-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #28
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the bash ... I mean info... everybody. I enjoyed it greatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
Shit, forget everything I have posted on this, you need a much bigger truck!
Did you read the specs? Tongue weight loaded is 2700 lbs. You need a friggin tractor; I forget which class it is, but you're looking at a 4500+ truck for that load.
I think you need to know a little bit about a topic before your make an edjumacated stab in the dark. A grain cart is never ever ever and i mean ever even thought about being pulled LOADED by a pickup. 1/2, 3/4, or 1 ton. We use a large tractor with PTO and hydrolic capabilities, and I'm pretty sure my Taco has cool things like an outlet but neither of these. This is actually our old setup pulled by a TRACTOR.

So come on guys, have a little respect please. I was only asking a question on what one would handle it better, but we managed to strike a deal with the dealer (no pun intended) and will be getting it shipped on a lowboy semi trailer. It all worked out in the end. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #29
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreidTaco View Post
Thanks for the bash ... I mean info... everybody. I enjoyed it greatly.

So come on guys, have a little respect please. I was only asking a question on what one would handle it better, but we managed to strike a deal with the dealer (no pun intended) and will be getting it shipped on a lowboy semi trailer. It all worked out in the end. Thanks.
oh come on..you have some respect for the rest of the forum..knowing from the beginning that your farm equipment grossly exceeded to max towing capacity for any p/u truck. that a semi truck was needed to make the delivery, the only thing capable moving that equipment besides a tractor. thanks for trolling!!!

for those that don't know what a semi truck and a lowboy trailer looks like..
Old 12-28-2011, 03:01 PM   #30
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
oh come on..you have some respect for the rest of the forum..knowing from the beginning that your farm equipment grossly exceeded to max towing capacity for any p/u truck. that a semi truck was needed to make the delivery, the only thing capable moving that equipment besides a tractor. thanks for trolling!!!

for those that don't know what a semi truck and a lowboy trailer looks like..
I do in facet have complete respect for the rest of the forum, I do agree with you there.

I have pulled more than that, without problems before, example:

Urea Ammonium Nitrate 32-0-0 or more commonly known as nitrogen fertilizer has a weight of 11.06 lbs/gallon and the nurse tank being pulled was 1025 gallons =~11,337lbs+ the weight of the trailer and tank itself.
So it can be done. But extreme caution and slow speeds were always used while pulling this to and from the field.
The reason we even considered pulling the grain cart home was cost. It is going to cost $2,000 to have shipped or we could have gone and pulled it home for around $150 round trip in fuel. This was the whole reason we even considered pulling it home.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #31
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
In the OP's defense, a 7,650lb trailer with "normal" tongue weight in the sub-1000lb range is not particularly heavy and can be pulled by almost any half-ton. 1,200lb is of course a heavy tongue, but even the new F-150 has a payload around 3000lb so should be able to tow it when properly equipped.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #32
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Where's dhk when you need him ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
Final answer....
Which of these two vehicles would you rather trash, the Taco or the Chevy ?
Bonus points!!

OP, Glad you struck a deal and it worked out for you. But you have to admit, that was sort of a "loaded question".
Old 12-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #33

Who says I have no knowledge of farm equipment? I did mention a tractor in my post. I only speak to what I have knowledge of. The rest is a guess, and I make a statement to that effect.

Perhaps if you included more info in the first post, we could have helped you a little better. But I guess you just felt like insulting the very people you seek help from.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #34
jward is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
jward's Tacoma Gallery
Even an empty grain cart would put the bumper on the ground and the headlights toward the sky. I wouldn't even hook that up to a 1 ton dually, regardless of the weight on the hitch, the way they buck and jerk on a 7800 Deere, if you did get it rollin with a pickup and I mean IF , the first time it jerked your driveshaft would be on the ground, and that's IMF you're lucky. That spray tank has all the weight on the trailer axles you're pullin it more than haulin it.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #35
beaker1214 will become famous soon enough

beaker1214's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear your getting it delivered! I had a 2500 duramax prior to my taco and I am not sure I would even consider hooking one of those up to the duramax and it would pull some pretty heavy loads....its not that I don't think it would pull if bc I know it would but just the safety factor of the deal is what I would be worried about....I have moved trailers around parking lots pushing 17k lbs while being lazy and not hooking up the brakes and it takes allot to get that much weight stopped when just going less then 10 mph. Have fun with the new cart glad it was hauled to your place.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #36
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
My 3/4 ton chevy with class 5 hitch is rated for 1500lb tongue weight but only with a wd hitch. 1000lbs without wd.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #37
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Well holy cow. I assumed it was a trailer as you didn't give the important details like it was a farm implement. Not only is that way over capacity but has no "trailer" brakes. I'm very glad to hear you're not going to be towing your grain cart down the highway with a light duty pickup. Taking the tractor to town would have been a better option, at least safe and legal.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #38
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
My 3/4 ton chevy with class 5 hitch is rated for 1500lb tongue weight but only with a wd hitch. 1000lbs without wd.
That's what your hitch is rated at, not your truck. See the bottom line of the tag.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:07 AM   #39
'merica

Quote:
Originally Posted by landphil View Post
Well holy cow. I assumed it was a trailer as you didn't give the important details like it was a farm implement. Not only is that way over capacity but has no "trailer" brakes. I'm very glad to hear you're not going to be towing your grain cart down the highway with a light duty pickup. Taking the tractor to town would have been a better option, at least safe and legal.
I would have taken the tractor to town to get it, except it is 290 miles away. 13 hour drive one way. No bueno. After thinking about our old grain cart, and realizin that it has nearly half the capicity, it sure seemed alot easier to pull than this one would be. I am glad we are getting it shipped now.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:51 AM   #40
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
I think I must be missing something.

Did the OP become sarcastic and then ask for respect when persons on the forum made assumptions in an attempt to help him/her by providing general information to a non-detailed question by the OP?

Someone please tell me I've missed something.