Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 Purchase Price Check

Old 12-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
grhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of light
grhopper's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Purchase Price Check

I just discovered this forum, so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm scheduled to go to my local dealer tomorrow to purchase a 2012 double cab. My top requirements are the TRD Sport Package, Entune display navigation and the V6 tow package. I would prefer the long bed, but apparently they are very hard to come by with the 3 options I want. The dealer has one coming in this week or next, but not in my top color choice. They can get one in my top color choice in the short bed. So here are the 2 quotes I have. I'd like some feedback on how the offers compare.

Long bed - $30,750: EJ, FE, PY, RL, TO, DT, CF, F1, P2, I2, G1
Display Audio with Navigation, Entune
50 State Emissions
TRD Sport Package
Daytime Running Lights
V6 Tow Package
Window Tint
Premium Carpet Mat Set w/Door Sill Protectors
VIP Sales Follow-Up
Vehicle Shield Package
PDS w/Texas State Inspection
Vehicle Fueling (4Gal.)

Short bed - $30,100: EJ, FE, PY, RL, TO, CF, R2, F1, I1, G1
50 State Emissions
TRD Sport Package
Daytime Running Lights
V6 Tow Package
Running Boards
VIP Sales Follow-Up
PDS - Pre Delivery Services
Vehicle Fueling (4Gal.)
Old 12-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
Signkutter is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Signkutter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhopper View Post
I just discovered this forum, so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm scheduled to go to my local dealer tomorrow to purchase a 2012 double cab. My top requirements are the TRD Sport Package, Entune display navigation and the V6 tow package. I would prefer the long bed, but apparently they are very hard to come by with the 3 options I want. The dealer has one coming in this week or next, but not in my top color choice. They can get one in my top color choice in the short bed. So here are the 2 quotes I have. I'd like some feedback on how the offers compare.

Long bed - $30,750: EJ, FE, PY, RL, TO, DT, CF, F1, P2, I2, G1
50 State Emissions
TRD Sport Package
Daytime Running Lights
V6 Tow Package
Window Tint
VIP Sales Follow-Up
Vehicle Shield Package
PDS w/Texas State Inspection
Vehicle Fueling (4Gal.)

Short bed - $30,100: EJ, FE, PY, RL, TO, CF, R2, F1, I1, G1
50 State Emissions
TRD Sport Package
Daytime Running Lights
V6 Tow Package
Running Boards
VIP Sales Follow-Up
PDS - Pre Delivery Services
Vehicle Fueling (4Gal.)
Not too bad if 2wd. I got mine ( a prerunner TRD) for 28500. No entune though. If those are 4x4 prices.. stupendous deal
Old 12-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
grhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signkutter View Post
Not too bad if 2wd. I got mine ( a prerunner TRD) for 28500. No entune though. If those are 4x4 prices.. stupendous deal
Probably should have mentioned that it is the 2wd.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Probably should have mentioned that it is the 2wd.

hrm... that does seem high for 2wd.

my 2010 4x4 was $30,750. i cant imagine that the prices have gone up that much in 2 years.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
hrm... that does seem high for 2wd.

my 2010 4x4 was $30,750. i cant imagine that the prices have gone up that much in 2 years.
Well the sticker on the short bed is $31,748 and the long bed is $32,327, so they are taking about $1,600 off the sticker. The display navigation with entune is about $1900 option.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
jessethebean is on a distinguished road
Name: Jesse
jessethebean's Tacoma Gallery
cheack out overstocked.com just build your truck and get a price. take that to the dealer and you should get a no haggel price. i paid $32,020 for a 2012 DC LB Sport 4x4 nav and tow pack. sticker was $34,700. also i live in CA so the prices are more expensive.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #7
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well the sticker on the short bed is $31,748 and the long bed is $32,327, so they are taking about $1,600 off the sticker. The display navigation with entune is about $1900 option.
Always investigate the invoice price and use that as your reference.
They make 3 percent profit on invoice price.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
rev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant future
Name: Al
rev25sharp's Tacoma Gallery
i got a 2wd v6 tow pre sticker 27,700... they knocked off 3 to bring it to 24,700. i think you can get a little more than 1600 off sticker
Old 12-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #9
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I paid 28500 out the door for mY 2011

Don't get stuff you can add yourself for less, like tube steps
And I would go with vinyl instead of the carpet
Old 12-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #10
I did the overstock.com search, and it came up with a target price of $30,548 for the long bed, but it didn't have the window tint and vehicle shield package available to select. The MSRP it listed was 31,715.

Would I be able to have the premium carpet mat sex w/door sill protectors removed?

Also, does anyone have opinion on if the vehilce shield package is worth it, or is it just fluff? It includes lusterizing sealant, fabric guard, and rental car assistance.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:27 PM   #11
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
No it's not worth it - it cost about $130-175 For tint And 1000 for Katz skin Leather

As for floor mats weather techs ftw

Like I said be for don't over pay on stuff you can add for a 1/4 of the price the dealers sell them for
You gotta play hard ball with them and stick to your price
Old 12-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #12
Jholder70 has a spectacular aura aboutJholder70 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Jholder70's Tacoma Gallery
2012 TRD DC Sport 4x4, PY, Tow : $31600.00 bought it 12/22/11
Old 12-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #13
sparkhill is on a distinguished road
sparkhill's Tacoma Gallery
Posting your location might help; pricing is a bit regional. Use TrueCar/Overstock as suggested.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:07 AM   #14
I'm in Louisiana
Old 12-28-2011, 06:32 AM   #15
Jholder70 has a spectacular aura aboutJholder70 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Jholder70's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jholder70 View Post
2012 TRD DC Sport 4x4, PY, Tow : $31600.00 bought it 12/22/11
I am in Iowa..
<-------------- see location on some posts
Old 12-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #16
sparkhill is on a distinguished road
sparkhill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm in Louisiana
If TrueCar/Overstock do not do it for you, make sure you check a few dealerships outside of your immediate area. For example, it might be that Houston or Beaumont has a substantially higher or lower price.

Once you get an idea regarding pricing, call and ask for the internet sales manager. He/she works on volume rather than commission so they want to move trucks and can do so at a better price.

Try to get a deal worked out by the end of the month; Toyota dealers are always very motivated at month end. If you can find a truck close enough to what you want on a dealer's lot, then expect a better deal, especially in the next couple of days. If you are picky about color and insist on less common option combinations (like me), then you might have to wait longer or pay a little more.

Don't get too worked up over what other people paid. Pricing is very regional. Sure, you might be able to get the truck from San Diego for $500 under invoice but the transport costs could be $700 to your location so the numbers might not make sense. Somebody said that the dealers make 3% when they sell at invoice so, if accurate, at $800-900 under invoice and the dealer merely breaks even. The dealers do have overhead to cover.

I looked throughout the West and it seems like invoice minus about $0-300 was, generally, what I was looking at for the specific truck I was looking for.

Finally, watch out for dealer handling fees. In California they are capped at something like $55. Go to Colorado and they will quote you a much better price but then they add in $400-500 in dealer handling. Just ask for the out-the-door price exclusive of taxes and registration so you can compare offers.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #17
Goatus is a glorious beacon of lightGoatus is a glorious beacon of lightGoatus is a glorious beacon of lightGoatus is a glorious beacon of lightGoatus is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dillon
Goatus's Tacoma Gallery
$30,500 for TRD AC 2012 in Asheville, NC.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #19
Mtlgrlie is on a distinguished road
Mtlgrlie's Tacoma Gallery
In Georgia. (I live in ny though)

2012 v6 4x4 DC short bed, automatic, with trd off-road pkg, tow package, alloys, but no nav.....$28,133.00. .

List was $32,854.00

And 220 bucks for oem rack installed + above dealer trade-in value for my Subaru! Plus a full tank? And no dealers fees.

Wanted more off, but was sooooo tired after 5 hours at the dealer.

But I love my friggin truck!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #20
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Um dont all Toyotas come with a full tank of gas nowadays?? That dealer wants to sell you a truck with only 4 gallons in it? WTF.