Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Roof Basket without the roof rack?

Old 12-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Roof Basket without the roof rack?

i've searched and searched, and could not find anything on what i want. so forgive me if this has already been asked or posted but this is what i am looking for:

A roof basket mounted on a 2nd gen double cab tacoma in the existing screw holes on the roof. i just want the basket an inch or so off the top of the roof.
I don't like how high the basket sits when mounted on a roof rack.

does this exist or can somone make one?

this is the kind of style i'm looking for btw:
Old 12-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
PTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to all
Name: Patrick
PTO's Tacoma Gallery
Baja Rack

http://www.bajarack.com/toyota-tacoma-gallery
http://www.bajarack.com/toyota-tacoma

Is this what you are looking for?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
any company who does metal fab can probably make one..
Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTO View Post
that is. thanks a million PTO. as much as i searched (2days), i obviously wasn't typing in the correct words. much appreciated!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #5

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
any company who does metal fab can probably make one..
i was thinking that but i was afraid the cost for fab would be more than finding one already made. thanks though.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
take up welding

thats wut imma do. got too many projects needing welding. might as well take a few classes and get into it ahah
Old 12-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #7

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
take up welding

thats wut imma do. got too many projects needing welding. might as well take a few classes and get into it ahah
i hear that man. i've been wanting to learn that for years. kinda get jealous with all the welders here making up some cool ass stuff for their trucks.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #8
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTO View Post
Those are SWEET !!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
Fernridge is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
Fernridge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-frax View Post
i've searched and searched, and could not find anything on what i want. so forgive me if this has already been asked or posted but this is what i am looking for:

A roof basket mounted on a 2nd gen double cab tacoma in the existing screw holes on the roof. i just want the basket an inch or so off the top of the roof.
I don't like how high the basket sits when mounted on a roof rack.

does this exist or can somone make one?

this is the kind of style i'm looking for btw:
I was interested in the same thing except for an extended cab. I ended up making my own. I just used 3/4 inch EMT conduit and some yakima Qtowers I found at a wrecking yard.I am only into the build for 110$ including the bender.
Attached Thumbnails
Roof Basket without the roof rack?-2012-12-21_10-01-49_853.jpg   Roof Basket without the roof rack?-2012-12-20_17-30-09_478-1-.jpg