Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 Sport DCLB performance in a snowstorm

Old 12-28-2011, 05:40 AM   #1
jkcb2011 is on a distinguished road
Army: Canadian Army
jkcb2011's Tacoma Gallery
Smile 2011 Sport DCLB performance in a snowstorm

Last night we were visiting family approximately 2 hours from home and we drove home right in the middle of a fairly significant snowstorm in Eastern Ontario, Canada. I have had the truck for over a year now, but rarely get the opportunity to actually use the truck as it is intended. I have to say that last night was fun. The truckís performance was absolutely outstanding. Notwithstanding itís performance on the snow covered highway and stability with great Toyo winter tires, I was able to safely manoeuvre around smaller vehicles that were barely moving without having to follow them and make our trip even longer. My wife even said that she has never felt as safe in a vehicle during a snow storm (win+). I kept hoping that some poor guy (preferably in a dodge truck) would be stuck in a snow bank so I could hook up and haul him out, but no luck as most people stayed in last night.

I am still pumped this am, now time to go use the snow blower for the first time this year, then maybe go play some more with my truck in the snow. This rocks!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 or 4x2?
Old 12-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
4x4 or 4x2?
No such thing as a 4x2 TRD in Canada
Old 12-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I feel the same way when it snows.....I pray for family friends and then snow!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
jkcb2011 is on a distinguished road
Army: Canadian Army
jkcb2011's Tacoma Gallery
My bad for not mentioning it, I had no idea you could get a TRD sport without 4x4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No such thing as a 4x2 TRD in Canada
Old 12-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
We need more than just a couple inches, but it was still fun to play in last night. Especially with KM2's.

This reminds me, I gotta get my Duratracs back on ASAP.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcb2011 View Post
My bad for not mentioning it, I had no idea you could get a TRD sport without 4x4.
You can in the States
Old 12-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #8
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kim
Canadian Girl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
We need more than just a couple inches, but it was still fun to play in last night. Especially with KM2's.

This reminds me, I gotta get my Duratracs back on ASAP.
haven't you been saying that for a few weeks now
Old 12-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #9
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Girl View Post
haven't you been saying that for a few weeks now

I know i know, i'm finally getting around to it. So glad i had the KM2's on for this mess tho!

Don't forget the aftermath. and IH8MUD. Go figure.

Sorry OP, i'll stop now.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:53 AM   #10
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Good tires make a world of difference. Last winter with the stock rugged trails the Tacoma was sketchy at best compared to my subi with Blizzaks. This year the truck has Duratracs and the subi still has the V12's mounted up. Totally different vehicles this year. Last year truck needed 4wd just to feel safe and the subi was like driving on dirt roads, a little loose but very controllable. This year the truck hasn't seen 4wd in town even in 8" of fresh powder, the car on the other hand is total crap!
Old 12-30-2011, 03:39 AM   #11
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kim
Canadian Girl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
I know i know, i'm finally getting around to it. So glad i had the KM2's on for this mess tho!

Don't forget the aftermath. and IH8MUD. Go figure.

Sorry OP, i'll stop now.
Sorry OP.... But yeah baby!!! that was some fun mud!!!!! Only truck to make it thru the pit with no help