Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Body Armor brand rear bumper?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
Body Armor brand rear bumper?

Anyone have one of these? They are pretty cheap...

http://autoshepherd.com/product/Body...=Rear%20Bumper
Old 12-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pic...
Attached Thumbnails
Body Armor brand rear bumper?-bbd-tc-2961.jpg  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty good price, not really a fan of the design tho
Old 12-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
Shut up Hippie!

I feel the same way but with shackles and free shipping it seems good. I just found another thread about poor fitment but no more pics. Anyone have real life pics of this without the bay watch style taco?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:02 AM   #5
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Powder coated, hitch, shipped for $340. Not bad
Old 12-29-2011, 02:07 AM   #6
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
I do not recommend buying this bumper...other members have had issues with Body Armor products. Design is okay, actual construction & quality has a lot to be desired

See link below to a list of all bumpers...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...gens-only.html

Relentless, ATO, Brute Force, CBI & All-Pro all make good quality replacement bumpers.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
Badgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadgtho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Badgtho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
I do not recommend buying this bumper...other members have had issues with Body Armor products. Design is okay, actual construction & quality has a lot to be desired

See link below to a list of all bumpers...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...gens-only.html

Relentless, ATO, Brute Force, CBI & All-Pro all make good quality replacement bumpers.
Ok. Well I have, just installed it, fits great.
Soooooo I'm assuming that you're a troll and are reporting someone else's opinion.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
tribum is on a distinguished road
Name: Craig
tribum's Tacoma Gallery
Troll?

Interesting how the hyperlink you posted leads nowhere... Guess the company's out of business now?
Old 09-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #9
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribum View Post
Interesting how the hyperlink you posted leads nowhere... Guess the company's out of business now?
This thread is a million years old. OP's link is out of business but not Body Armor.

here, Google works:
http://bodyarmor4x4.com/ba/extreme-off-road/toyota/

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Armor-TC-...or+rear+bumper
Old 09-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Body Armor is garbage. There are much better products out there to spend your hard earned money on.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #11
tribum is on a distinguished road
Name: Craig
tribum's Tacoma Gallery
Leaning towards these bumpers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Body Armor is garbage. There are much better products out there to spend your hard earned money on.
Thanks for the info on Body Armor.

I'm leaning towards Relentless Fabrications or AllPro but I have a ski boat (less than 5k lbs) and none of these bumper manufacturers provide a rated bumper since the DOT approval process is so spendy...
Old 10-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #12
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Just replaced my stock with a body armor when I was rear ended recently, paid for by the other driver. I just wanted a steel bumper upgrade and the other driver did not want to spend $1K for all-pro etc... or replace with another stock. I can't complain with fitment , seems much more sturdier than factory and weighs a good 100lbs. Not high clearance like others but not needed for my use and I am able to retain my tow package.
Attached Thumbnails
Body Armor brand rear bumper?-taco.jpg   Body Armor brand rear bumper?-taco2.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread