Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

catalytic converter theft in santa cruz!

Old 12-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #21
patpatpat has a spectacular aura aboutpatpatpat has a spectacular aura aboutpatpatpat has a spectacular aura about
patpatpat's Tacoma Gallery
I am fortunate enough to have a full garage in my apartment complex.I park in the views of security guard at work. Outside of that, I always debate between high foot traffic area (more visible to public and avoid theft) or far away (to avoid silly door dings)
Old 12-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #22
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosabre View Post
They are hitting the park and ride parking lots here. They did four cars hopped on the train and were off, before anyone knew what they were doing.
What kind of train are people just hopping on with 3 ft sections of catted exhaust pipe & sawzalls? Amtrak? Commuter? That raises no suspicions? Seems like more than 1 problem going on if not. Nobody would notice several people jumping on a freight train with big pieces of weird pipe either? In a state with heavy illegal immigration issues to boot? I know Santa Cruz isn't exactly near the border but that would be crazy too. WOW
Old 12-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #23
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
One of my customers got hit over the Christmas weekend. One of his buses is a 2011 and Ford has to order the converter from the vendor. Minimum one week that bus will be out of service. He just had me order these locks from Cat Clamp. They look pretty bad ass. I'll have to take some pics when they get installed.

F***ing thieves!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #24
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflan View Post
The powers that be in your area need to set policies in place that dry up the thieves' access to quick cash from the recyclers.
It's the only way to slow down cat theft other than fortifying your own situation.
Thats exactly what I am saying. If they hammer the recyclers for buying all these stolen items then they wont buy them from thieves. Greatly reducing the amount of theft. There is no reason at all that recyclers should have tons of nearly new cats.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:42 AM   #25
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

More rules would be nice, but without anyone to enforce them, useless. Just like all the immigration rules and laws without any effective enforcement. Any attempts to actually enforce them are considered racism. I'm sure all the recyclers would feel singled out too and there'd be a big stupid uproar. One can only depend on one's self to protect one's own shit is about where this is.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:14 AM   #26
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Take a pistol, mount upside down...put fishing wire to the cat converter so when they go to pull it off it will fire the gun. Pull body out, re-install cat and drive away.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:15 AM   #27
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That's what I'm talkin about, lol..........
Old 12-30-2011, 06:29 AM   #28
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
It nice to know I can defend not only myself, but also protect personal property here in Florida... happened just last night, a guy came out to thieves trying to steal his motorcycle, shot and killed one of them, and no charges were filed. The other two theives if caught will be charged for the murder of their partner.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:09 AM   #29
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
It nice to know I can defend not only myself, but also protect personal property here in Florida... happened just last night, a guy came out to thieves trying to steal his motorcycle, shot and killed one of them, and no charges were filed. The other two theives if caught will be charged for the murder of their partner.
I like the way that is structured............
Old 12-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #30
swendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
swendling12's Tacoma Gallery
I was in Denver last weekend, on a side street there was a cut off cat sitting in the median. Must have fallen out of the guy's truck after he had stole it. My dad and I almost grabbed it for scrap, but didn't want to take the risk of having stolen property in my truck.