Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

anyone who has done a gauge led swap

Old 12-28-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
anyone who has done a gauge led swap

im currently working on it..and im stuck. anyone know how to remove the needles? i dont want to just pull on them...
Old 12-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
...nevermind. close thread. hah
Old 12-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
Viejon

Firefighter:
re open hah..ok guys...i need someone to take a picture of their cluster..specifically the fuel needle..i want to know where it sits when the truck is off..I marked it but I just want to make sure...i searched google and couldnt find a clear one...thx!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
-FURY FROM THE SKY
95Yota4x4 is on a distinguished road

Army: Infantry, 4 1/2 yrs 82nd Airborne, 3 yrs Drill Sergeant duty
Name: J.D.
95Yota4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If I were you, to be safe I'd fill up gas tank & place the needle on, set at full. I think that this would be more accurate than placing while it's turned off. When the vehicle is turned off the rotating rod that the needle attaches to, turns further than it's allowed to than it would with a needle attached to it. The needle stops it at it's the lowest point, but if no needle, it can actually turn beyond that spot if no needle on rotating rod. I would fill up & then place needle as close to where it was before when u had a full tank. Oh and do this with vehicle on so that the cluster is actually engaged. That's just how I'd do it though. Operator preference.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Viejon

Firefighter:
i was sitting at 1/4 tank before the mod...after putting everything together i am still at 1/4 tank...but when its off, the needle goes a little further than it used to...ill give it a go...i have to fuel up anyway. thanks!