Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Traction control won't turn off

Old 12-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Freeheeler is on a distinguished road
Name: Hop
Freeheeler's Tacoma Gallery
Traction control won't turn off

I have a new 2011 TRD we now have snow on the ground and i have been out play around in it and it seems that even when I turn off the traction control in 2 wheel drive it feels like the front bracks are still braking. The dash lights are showing it is off but it does not feel right I am sure i can hear the abs chattering. Even in 4x4 the TC feels like it is braking the front end. Any feedback would be great. Thanks
Old 12-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Push and hold the VSC ( car with squiggly lines ) button for 5 seconds while stopped

This will " disable " the tc / vsc system

Is this what you tried ?

ABS cannot be turned off
Old 12-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
Public Servant Enemy #1
ISUGrad05 is on a distinguished road

ISUGrad05's Tacoma Gallery
Oz beat me to it.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Old 12-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Lol

Let's get this out there

OP , TRD Offroad or TRD Sport ?
Old 12-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 12-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #7
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota: STILL winning the fight against stupidity in 2011
Old 12-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #8
feldman28 is on a distinguished road

Name: chris
feldman28's Tacoma Gallery
Mine dies that to. I take it off still does. But only when truck slides to the side wtf
Old 12-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by feldman28 View Post
Mine dies that to. I take it off still does. But only when truck slides to the side wtf
Disabling the VSC / TC system only greatly reduces the sensitivity , it still lurks in the background
Old 12-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #10
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeheeler View Post
I have a new 2011 TRD we now have snow on the ground and i have been out play around in it and it seems that even when I turn off the traction control in 2 wheel drive it feels like the front bracks are still braking. The dash lights are showing it is off but it does not feel right I am sure i can hear the abs chattering. Even in 4x4 the TC feels like it is braking the front end. Any feedback would be great. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by feldman28 View Post

for a complete explanation for the traction control devices in our tacomas, please visit this topic created by David K..

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...nd-i-hope.html
Old 12-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #11
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
What I find funny is the fact that nobody has posted a spell check message yet.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #12
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysuncle View Post
What I find funny is the fact that nobody has posted a spell check message yet.
wahts dat?!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #13
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EH' it's a Canada thing
Old 12-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #14

OP Good luck
Old 12-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Where's the OP ?

Don't be scared , come back
Old 12-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #16
Tookie is on a distinguished road

Tookie's Tacoma Gallery
Turning off the traction control will not disable ABS
Old 12-28-2011, 11:10 PM   #17
Freeheeler is on a distinguished road
Name: Hop
Freeheeler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cheers for the tips guys i will try to hold the button down. Does it do any damage driving for any length of time with the TC off
Old 12-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cheers for the tips guys i will try to hold the button down. Does it do any damage driving for any length of time with the TC off
No damage

You did read that it will not disable ABS , yes ?
Old 12-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #19
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
You will damage your tires since you will probably be peeling out.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #20
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
PROtip: unplug gray connector behind battery to disable it all at once, when done fooling around, plug it back in.