Notices

New TruXedo Tonneau Cover

Old 12-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
TevisAaron is on a distinguished road
Name: Tevis
TevisAaron's Tacoma Gallery
New TruXedo Tonneau Cover

Hey all,

My mom bought me some things for my truck for Christmas. This tonneau cover is one of them. She also got me the step-bars I wanted. I will post pictures up after those are installed as well.

Let me know what you think.
(;

Old 12-31-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
Shakeyfly is on a distinguished road
Shakeyfly's Tacoma Gallery
I had this exact tonneau cover when I owned a dodge ram and it was by far the only good thing about my dodge ram. The cover was EXTRAORDINARY. Never sagged was always tight, looked clean all the time. I only had a small problem with the foam squishing out in the corners

looks AWESOME!

I have a 2011 with an access cab and standard bed... did you have to remove the bed rails? or the tie downs?
Old 01-01-2012, 02:03 AM   #3
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
ROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: EOD Tech
Name: Jake
ROGU3 PR3DATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeyfly View Post
I had this exact tonneau cover when I owned a dodge ram and it was by far the only good thing about my dodge ram. The cover was EXTRAORDINARY. Never sagged was always tight, looked clean all the time. I only had a small problem with the foam squishing out in the corners

looks AWESOME!

I have a 2011 with an access cab and standard bed... did you have to remove the bed rails? or the tie downs?
I have the Truxedo LoPro on my 2011 DCSB, so assuming that the one above mounts the same way then the rails for the cover mount inside the rails for the cleats and such. And no you can leave the cleats in if you wish but they are almost useless because they get covered by the rails for the cover. You can still get at them from the bottom and move them forward and backward a little, but not a lot. And removing them requires them to be completely unscrewed.

OP let me know if you give it a leak test. Mine leaks just a touch in a few places but is nothing major. I just cant seem to get it pushed down far enough in the bracket to seal.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
TevisAaron is on a distinguished road
Name: Tevis
TevisAaron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGU3 PR3DATOR View Post
I have the Truxedo LoPro on my 2011 DCSB, so assuming that the one above mounts the same way then the rails for the cover mount inside the rails for the cleats and such. And no you can leave the cleats in if you wish but they are almost useless because they get covered by the rails for the cover. You can still get at them from the bottom and move them forward and backward a little, but not a lot. And removing them requires them to be completely unscrewed.

OP let me know if you give it a leak test. Mine leaks just a touch in a few places but is nothing major. I just cant seem to get it pushed down far enough in the bracket to seal.
It poured the rain here all night last night & when I opened the tailgate this morning it was still dry as a bone inside. Since it has cleared up throughout the day I decided to give the Taco a bath. I use a pressure washer on my vehicles, and yet again it was still dry as can be inside when I was done. So far since it has been on, no water has gotten in.

Products Discussed in this Thread