Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I'm a newbie and have a stupid question

Old 12-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #22
Haseaboggin is on a distinguished road

Name: Casey
Haseaboggin's Tacoma Gallery
I have a spring compressor and all the tools I need just never had to put springs on new shocks before.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:01 AM   #23

I probably will take them to a shop just cause I don't wanna mess anything up. So do I take my old set up in with the new shocks and have them swap everything over?
Old 12-29-2011, 12:01 AM   #24
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
There are others that know more about this than i do, something about making sure the springs are seated correctly, other than that, no they aren't too hard to put them in, me and another TW member did mine at pit crew speed and from tires off to tires back on about a half-hour.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:07 AM   #25

I wish I lived closer to you so you could help me LOL!! What size tires you running? I'm gonna be stock till taxes come back the prob going 285
Old 12-29-2011, 12:09 AM   #26
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseaboggin View Post
I wish I lived closer to you so you could help me LOL!! What size tires you running? I'm gonna be stock till taxes come back the prob going 285
You def gotta go 2.5 up front then
Old 12-29-2011, 12:13 AM   #27
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:

Aberdeen? Where in WA is that, think i drove through not long ago, I've got 275/70/17's goodyear wrangler m+s. At 1.75 you may need to ditch the front flaps and POSSILBLY a cab mount chop but i'm not sure, mine's is chopped, flaps are lone gone and no rub since the 5100's went on.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #28
Banned
Oz, he may still be able to stuff 285 at 1.75 with cab chops
Old 12-29-2011, 12:15 AM   #29

Aberdeen is on the coast. Im about 2 hours southwest of Seattle and 1 hour west of Olympia. I have already ditched the flaps and sold them to another TW member.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:19 AM   #30
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Oz, he may still be able to stuff 285 at 1.75 with cab chops
285 / ? /
Old 12-29-2011, 12:21 AM   #31

285/75/16 Or ? any ideas on better size don't really wanna chop a mount
Old 12-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #32
Banned
Quote:
285/75/16 Or ? any ideas on better size don't really wanna chop a mount
My gut feeling is that is pushing it at 1.75, 2.5 SHOULD clear it. Like I said, I have 275/70/17's which i think is equivalent to like 80's on your 16's, I do have the cab mount chop, i was wheeling out in Florence OR and i was throwing the truck all over the place and the fronts never touched a thing, anywhere, ever.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:44 AM   #33

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My gut feeling is that is pushing it at 1.75, 2.5 SHOULD clear it. Like I said, I have 275/70/17's which i think is equivalent to like 80's on your 16's, I do have the cab mount chop, i was wheeling out in Florence OR and i was throwing the truck all over the place and the fronts never touched a thing, anywhere, ever.
285/75/16 is approx 5/8" larger diameter than 275/70/17

Also 3/8" wider
Old 12-29-2011, 12:46 AM   #34
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
285/75/16 is approx 5/8" larger diameter than 275/70/17

Also 3/8" wider
Thought you used the metric system up there?
Old 12-29-2011, 12:47 AM   #35

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thought you used the metric system up there?
We use both
Old 12-29-2011, 12:49 AM   #36
Banned
Quote:
We use both
To my knowledge, American drugs dealers are the only ones who use both at the same time
Old 12-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #37

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
To my knowledge, American drugs dealers are the only ones who use both at the same time
Well , you would be wrong once again
Old 12-29-2011, 12:51 AM   #38
Banned
Quote:
Well , you would be wrong once again
In America dude, not Canada
Old 12-29-2011, 12:52 AM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In America dude, not Canada
Oh , my bad

Up here we're officially metric , but residential construction ( me ) is still imperial
Old 12-29-2011, 01:02 AM   #40
Banned
Yeah, 3/8" wider and 5/8" taller, at 1.75, looking at mine, he might be hitting the cab mount at full turn and compressed. I look at it again in the morning