Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help removing fog light switch

Old 12-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Help removing fog light switch

Hello, I am trying to use my sock fog light switch for my new lights and can't figure out how to remove it. The lower row is easy to pop out but can't seam to reach the upper switch. What am I missing? (It's a 05 if that matters)
Old 12-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #2
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
search the forums I know I saw some do a write up on putting other stuff in those plugs.. search 2nd gens..
Old 12-29-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Already tried searching "fog light switch removal" but could not find anything. Ill try to expand my search.
Thanks.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
TerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Terry
TerryS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrom View Post
Hello, I am trying to use my sock fog light switch for my new lights and can't figure out how to remove it. The lower row is easy to pop out but can't seam to reach the upper switch. What am I missing? (It's a 05 if that matters)
I got the fog light switch out by taking out the center blank, then I got the switch out by reaching in and pushing it out. To get the center blank out, I tucked strong fishing line behind the face of the blank, then yanked it out. You'll need something thin to tuck the line into the narrow space between the dash and the blank itself.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:00 AM   #5
yarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shedyarro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yarro's Tacoma Gallery
Hey buddy just did mine, really easy, this is what you do. Use a tiny flat screw driver to remove the mirror control panel, also remove the left side cubby holder thing right under it. This will give you space to see all the way up (from the bottom, laying on the floor of drivers side) to the fog light switch panel and others. Use a flashlight to see what your doing and a flat screw driver to push it out from behind and walah!!! i will make a write up soon with pics. THIS IS TE FASTEST AND CLEANEST WAY TO DO THIS!!