Toolbox

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
PEPCATCH11 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Fire Equipment Operator
Name: Dan
PEPCATCH11's Tacoma Gallery
Toolbox

I am looking to buy a toolbox for my truck. I have always had Weatherguard products and have been more than satisfied. I have researched the Toyota OEM box and it seems to be good quality. I am looking for any suggestions, photos, and the best price/place to purchase either one. I was quoted $599 for thr Toyota from the dealer and the Weatherguard website shows the 131-0-01 at $856 and the 137-0-01 at $816. Thanks in advance!

Dan
Old 12-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
johnnyman1 is on a distinguished road
johnnyman1's Tacoma Gallery
The one I have is a Cam-Locker. Comes with T handles that opens up box from either side and it is carpeted. $500. American Aluminum makes them. I really like it. Only pics i have of it.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Criminy, that is alot of moolah. I love my UWS LoPro and it came in way under those prices...
Old 12-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
fjm0008 has a spectacular aura aboutfjm0008 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jack
fjm0008's Tacoma Gallery
Dan, I don't recommend the Toyota one. I did a lot of research and checked out just about every box out there and bought the UWS on Amazon. It fits and is already painted black. Great quality and very solid. The OEM was not as solid.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
We'll see said the zen master
foxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Fox
foxmotox7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEPCATCH11 View Post
I am looking to buy a toolbox for my truck. I have always had Weatherguard products and have been more than satisfied. I have researched the Toyota OEM box and it seems to be good quality. I am looking for any suggestions, photos, and the best price/place to purchase either one. I was quoted $599 for thr Toyota from the dealer and the Weatherguard website shows the 131-0-01 at $856 and the 137-0-01 at $816. Thanks in advance!

Dan
I had a weatherguard on my truck for a while. It was from my 1st gen taco. The only thing I didn't like about the box is that it covers so much of the rear windows (about half). If I was buying new I'd go with the UWS low pro that others have mentioned. UWS quality is excellent at less than half the cost of a weatherguard, but it's no weatherguard.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
PEPCATCH11 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Fire Equipment Operator
Name: Dan
PEPCATCH11's Tacoma Gallery
I have narrowed it down to Weatherguard or Toyota boxes, but thanks for the replies thus far!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #9
foxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the roughfoxmotox7 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I have narrowed it down to Weatherguard or Toyota boxes, but thanks for the replies thus far!
Weatherguard all the way then. Nothing else compares.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Between those two go with weatherguard, here's why.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3LV_9Oz8k4
Old 12-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
BS

I hear a concrete bunker is a viable alternative for securing things.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #12
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
I went with a Pro-Tech one. I paid 650ish from West Coast Off Road (www.westcoastoffroad.com) Powdercoating was 100 of the price. I don't know on shipping though, I picked mine up in Vancouver when it was done since it was close. Really happy with the toolbox though.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #13
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
weathergaurd FTW

even the aluminum one I have weighs 80 LBS EMPTY!
made extremely well!

plus Chris and I added a bedrail system to it since the factory back rail is USELESS once u put a toolbox on

plus they are made by KNAACK

Wish I had a nicer one. My box from lowes works but it wouldn't last long against a crow bar.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #14
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hiya max........never unwrapped that bedrail bar.

Imma have to do that soon.
thanks again mang!
Ah shit haha thought that was the one above.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #15
guyjones10 is on a distinguished road

guyjones10's Tacoma Gallery
Weatherguard gets my vote. love the box. ordered mine from nationalladder.com with free shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
Toolbox-dsc_0299_2.jpg   Toolbox-dsc_0301.jpg  
Old 12-29-2011, 06:57 PM   #16
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
weathergaurd FTW

even the aluminum one I have weighs 80 LBS EMPTY!
made extremely well!

plus Chris and I added a bedrail system to it since the factory back rail is USELESS once u put a toolbox on

plus they are made by KNAACK

How much WP?
Old 12-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #18
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sorry was watchin TV, and also trying to locate a noise on the truck

the box was between 6 and 7 hundred.

I suck at writeups, but chris4x4 was here last year or so and he pretty much did the custom bedrail add on by himself as I handed him tools.

I had lil sleep after a 16hr day IIRC when typing the writeup, but heres a poor excuse of a writeup

Thanks 4x4!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...truck-box.html
Imagine if Chris wrote it after a 16 hour day!!

Products Discussed in this Thread