Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Tacoma, new here, new questions

Old 12-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
AbsolutPolack is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
AbsolutPolack's Tacoma Gallery
New Tacoma, new here, new questions

Been lurking around for a month or two and thought I'd just ask away instead of keep failing with my limited search guru. First of all, got a new barcelona red '11 DCSB Tacoma in October with 11 miles. Since then I've put on 4800 miles and absolutely love it. Already got some dings and scratches bringing bed fulls of wood down to my sugar shack (maple syrup house).

So I've already have the squeaky bed and pinging heater which I will talk to the dealer about when I go in for my first 5000 mile service and car wash (washes are free for life at the dealer whenever I want!). I just wanted to get some input over my rear springs. They're flat, almost dipping down at the end toward the front of the truck. I've never put more than maybe 1000lbs of wood in the back and don't do it all that often. Compared to the leafs in my Jeep, which were significantly arched (AAL) these seem to be not normal for a new vehicle. Is it?
Old 12-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutPolack View Post
Been lurking around for a month or two and thought I'd just ask away instead of keep failing with my limited search guru. First of all, got a new barcelona red '11 DCSB Tacoma in October with 11 miles. Since then I've put on 4800 miles and absolutely love it. Already got some dings and scratches bringing bed fulls of wood down to my sugar shack (maple syrup house).

So I've already have the squeaky bed and pinging heater which I will talk to the dealer about when I go in for my first 5000 mile service and car wash (washes are free for life at the dealer whenever I want!). I just wanted to get some input over my rear springs. They're flat, almost dipping down at the end toward the front of the truck. I've never put more than maybe 1000lbs of wood in the back and don't do it all that often. Compared to the leafs in my Jeep, which were significantly arched (AAL) these seem to be not normal for a new vehicle. Is it?
You are going to flatten the factory springs pretty quick with 1000 lb loads .

The factory leafs do look fairly flat even when new .

You could look into getting the leaf spring TSB done which replaces the stock 3 leaf pack with a 4 leaf pack , however the 4 leaf pack is still pretty weak if you are hauling .