1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tacoma, new here, new questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AbsolutPolack, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Dec 29, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    AbsolutPolack

AbsolutPolack [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Stock DCSB 6spd
    Been lurking around for a month or two and thought I'd just ask away instead of keep failing with my limited search guru. First of all, got a new barcelona red '11 DCSB Tacoma in October with 11 miles. Since then I've put on 4800 miles and absolutely love it. Already got some dings and scratches bringing bed fulls of wood down to my sugar shack (maple syrup house).

So I've already have the squeaky bed and pinging heater which I will talk to the dealer about when I go in for my first 5000 mile service and car wash (washes are free for life at the dealer whenever I want!). I just wanted to get some input over my rear springs. They're flat, almost dipping down at the end toward the front of the truck. I've never put more than maybe 1000lbs of wood in the back and don't do it all that often. Compared to the leafs in my Jeep, which were significantly arched (AAL) these seem to be not normal for a new vehicle. Is it?

2. Dec 29, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You are going to flatten the factory springs pretty quick with 1000 lb loads .

The factory leafs do look fairly flat even when new .

You could look into getting the leaf spring TSB done which replaces the stock 3 leaf pack with a 4 leaf pack , however the 4 leaf pack is still pretty weak if you are hauling .

Products Discussed in

To Top