Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Saving my pennies for a new Tacoma

Old 12-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
Name: Austin
aportis72's Tacoma Gallery
Saving my pennies for a new Tacoma

So I have been a browser of the forums for a bit now and finally decided to make an account.

I am looking to buy a new 2012 Tacoma. I am saving my money to get a larger down payment. 2 more months and I should have more than enough saved up.

My only concerns after browsing and searching is

redesign in near future yes first year will have a few problems, but it suck buying something brand new and then 12 months later a bigger better one comes out. like what if it has a way better engine or something significant enough to make me regret my buy. Im not taking small changes, but big redesign things.

If I buy a new Tacoma I will be buying a supercharger the day I get it. Toyota will not let you finance the supercharger so I would pay that out of pocket.
My guess is the redesign wont have a supercharger option. This is my guess.
Yes I know the supercharger is not available as of YET

your thoughts.

What I want right now.

2012 double cab Black
TRD off road with etune and navigation
towing package
Day time running lights
All weather floor mats
And Supercharger out of pocket.

What is a fair price for This
2012 double cab Black
TRD off road with etune and navigation
towing package
Day time running lights
All weather floor mats

My local dealership has this exact same truck listed for 35,010.00 with a -470.00 Extra value package MSRP Discount
so total window sticker price of 34,540.00
What is a fair sale price? $500 over invoice so like 32,000.00?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Check overstocked.com build the taco you want, print it out and take it to them.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
Thundjet is on a distinguished road
Thundjet's Tacoma Gallery
Forget about worrying about what is coming next year. There will ALWAYS be a newer, more improved version coming down the pike and it is impossible to keep up with the changes unless you want to buy a new vehicle every time they make a change, which is sometimes in between model years as well.

Stay with a local dealer who treats you good. Only you can decide if the price is fair.

This is the internet, no matter what you said you paid for the truck someone will say you were stupid and they got the same truck for $2k less, all horse shit in my opinion.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
The changes to the '12 were mostly cosmetic, I doubt there will be real problems with them. There will always be newer ones coming out, I don't worry about it.

As for the price, you can get it for about $300 over invoice if you go through the Costco Buyers service. It's what I did with mine. The entire process was painless.