1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recommendations on Security/Remote Starters

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rascal737, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Dec 29, 2011 at 4:57 PM
    Rascal737

Rascal737 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    Abbotsford, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver DCLB TRD Sport 4X4
    Python 574 Remote start/Security system, reusable cabin air filter, led map and dome lights, led bed lights, switchback dtrl's, aftermarket dual halo projector headlights retrofitted with TRS goodies, foglights on anytime, Illuminated 4X4 switch, Redline hood struts and EZ down tailgate, Weathertech front and rear floor liners, Black Westin 4" oval step bars
    Hey, I'm new to the forum thing so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place......I'm looking for a remote starter with alarm for my tacoma, there's sooooo much to choose from and I don't know what reputable product sites to get the info from. So I thought that maybe someone could recommend a couple brands or know of a web site for good unbiased reviews.

Thanks

2. Dec 29, 2011 at 5:07 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Howdy.
    I don't have one but heard good stuff from viper.

3. Dec 29, 2011 at 6:21 PM
    Rascal737

Rascal737 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    Abbotsford, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver DCLB TRD Sport 4X4
    Python 574 Remote start/Security system, reusable cabin air filter, led map and dome lights, led bed lights, switchback dtrl's, aftermarket dual halo projector headlights retrofitted with TRS goodies, foglights on anytime, Illuminated 4X4 switch, Redline hood struts and EZ down tailgate, Weathertech front and rear floor liners, Black Westin 4" oval step bars
    Thanks, that is one of the brands that I was looking at.

4. Dec 29, 2011 at 6:56 PM
    lj973gm

lj973gm Sold it, dont miss it yet.

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
    Anything from DEI is good that is the mother company to viper and python and a number of other brands. Just google DEI

5. Dec 29, 2011 at 7:49 PM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.

yeppers

6. Dec 29, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    just had the viper 5704 starter/alarm installed 2 weeks ago. yes, directed electronics is generally considered the best co. to go with----they own viper, python, clifford and others. range is stated to be up to a mile but i've found once couldn't start it 1/2 mile away behind several buildings. the remote is very intuitive however and can tell you if the vehicle has started or not. plan to upgrade, for about another $200, to the smartstart app which technically can be used anywhere there is a cell signal. there have been many complaints with this app however so i'm gonna wait. big consideration i found in researching these devices is the installation. go with someone experienced. hope this helps:D

7. Dec 29, 2011 at 8:09 PM
    DOUBLLD

DOUBLLD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Bluemont, VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma LS Swap Twin Turbo
    Alot
    viper 5901 is by far the best. Trust me 2way communication i can start my truck at least 3football fields away in a building soooo its sick

Products Discussed in

To Top