Notices

exhaust pipes banging against leafs??

Old 12-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
Nightmare4150 is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMT
Name: Nick
Nightmare4150's Tacoma Gallery
exhaust pipes banging against leafs??

Ive got the flowmaster american thunder exhaust system. I had it professionally installed and welded. but later on down the road I put a revtek 3in leveling kit and some bigger tires. and now when i hit a small rut, bump, pothole, etc etc. i can hear the pipes banging against something. So i got under the truck and looked and apparently its banging against the leafs? (everything is locked in and the pipes are not loose at all) I was wondering if anyone else has this problem or if there is any way to fix this.

thanks
Old 12-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
When you installed the spacer lift did it include shackles or blocks?

The only way to correct the issue without removing the pipes would be changing the way your leafs lift to allow the pipes to clear. If you're running shackles, you could swap to an Add a Leaf, allowing the leafs to sit per factory spec in the rear and clearing your pipes like before.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
take it back to the exhaust shop...
Old 12-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
When you installed the spacer lift did it include shackles or blocks?

The only way to correct the issue without removing the pipes would be changing the way your leafs lift to allow the pipes to clear. If you're running shackles, you could swap to an Add a Leaf, allowing the leafs to sit per factory spec in the rear and clearing your pipes like before.
i just have blocks in the rear. and it did this before but it was because the pipe hanger had come out of one of the hangers and that cured it until i put the leveling kit in
Old 12-29-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare4150 View Post
i just have blocks in the rear. and it did this before but it was because the pipe hanger had come out of one of the hangers and that cured it until i put the leveling kit in
A picture would be great.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #6
yea but its dark outside where im at. i just got off work. ill get some pictures up in the morning.