LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Who has replaced a complete 3rd member and/or clam-shell from ECGS?

Old 08-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #21
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Looks easy enough! As soon as i locate some new pinion bearings im gonna be tackling front and rear gear installs . . . . . anyone know of a good write up for that!? I been trying to get as much info as possible
You're going to set up the gears yourself? Good luck. Google Zuk, he has a lot of good stuff. There are very specific tools you need to get them done, very easy to set them up improperly.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #22
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
zuk has about the best install writeups you'll find.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #23
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
You're going to set up the gears yourself? Good luck. Google Zuk, he has a lot of good stuff. There are very specific tools you need to get them done, very easy to set them up improperly.
my buddy owns a trans shop and will be installing them, i asked if i could help and more or less just dont wanna go into it completely ignorant to whats goin on! Thanks for the Zuk reference
Old 08-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #24
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
my buddy owns a trans shop and will be installing them, i asked if i could help and more or less just dont wanna go into it completely ignorant to whats goin on! Thanks for the Zuk reference
Oh ok! Very cool of the shop to let you get in on it. We were going to try to set our last rear gearset, but with a very tight schedule I just paid to get them done at a very reputable shop yotamasters. Hopefully we won't blow through another set
Old 08-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #25
What's wrong bro, DERPes flaring up?
Turd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Hull Technician 2nd Class
Name: Big Jim
Turd Herding Jim's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I did leave out the step about me taking almost an hour to clean it. I keep forgetting sometimes that common sense is no longer so common. The seals have less than 5K on them, I've been in there once before lol
Old 08-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #26
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Thanks for the write up!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #27
Turd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurd Herding Jim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Sub'd. Thanks for the write up!
don't thank me, thank the masters above. Their earlier threads helped me a lot! Mine was just slightly different due to the air locker vice e-locker. There is mess of knowledge on here, it up to us newbs to do our research.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #28
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Herding Jim View Post
don't thank me, thank the masters above. Their earlier threads helped me a lot! Mine was just slightly different due to the air locker vice e-locker. There is mess of knowledge on here, it up to us newbs to do our research.
links to those threads please?
Old 08-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #29
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Theres a sticky in the 2nd gen section of monkeyproof's writeup and links to mine are in there.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #30
n00b

awesome! i've been going back and forth with Chase at ECGS, we'll see when I actually decide to bite the bullet
Old 08-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #31

Front diff went in today! Went fairly smooth I guess...didn't get any pictures of this replacement though, sorry. but just a word of advice, if you do not own an 11mm splined socket buy one! Cause we ended up having to cut the heads off the bolts that attached the "partial axle housing"

spline socket
Old 08-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #32

lol it's an interior torx

edit: Guess it's an external torx which seems opposite to me but whatever, torx not spline drive
Old 08-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #33
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
E14 reverse torx. They look like these. No need to cut them off

Maybe but it's always fun to cut stuff!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:06 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
E14 reverse torx. They look like these. No need to cut them off

Tools and their uses! Regardless a regular 11mm socket along with an impact was no bueno but a 4 1/2" grinder with a cutoff wheel worked great!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #35
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
lol it's an interior torx

edit: Guess it's an external torx which seems opposite to me but whatever, torx not spline drive
I just used the box end of a wrench and they came right out, but I have years of hillbilly maintenance under my belt lol. Also anyone looking for evidence Chase at ECGS does shit right, look what I put his gears through without issue. I'm running 150lbs of 37" tires on yota running gear!