Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

do i need new rear shocks if i just got a 3" lift from toytec

Old 11-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
wakecaser is on a distinguished road
wakecaser's Tacoma Gallery
do i need new rear shocks if i just got a 3" lift from toytec

hey does any one know if i need to buy new rear shocks if i am going to install a toytec 3" lift to my 05 tacoma because i tow a wake board boat about once a month and i am worried the stock shocks wont hold (if i do need to buy new shocks what would u recommend that are not extremely expensive
Old 11-24-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
My goodness, my Guinness!
NVR_QUIT has a spectacular aura aboutNVR_QUIT has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: something between the lines of devine and killing machine
Name: Lloyd Christmas
NVR_QUIT's Tacoma Gallery
You should be just fine... But consider now that your stock shock is now stretched out... So it loses a bit of the recovery capability... I upgraded both front and rear shocks and noticed a HUGE difference...

Personally I would, but NO, you don't need to
Old 11-24-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecaser View Post
hey does any one know if i need to buy new rear shocks if i am going to install a toytec 3" lift to my 05 tacoma because i tow a wake board boat about once a month and i am worried the stock shocks wont hold (if i do need to buy new shocks what would u recommend that are not extremely expensive
If you do decide to upgrade shocks, the Billy 5125s are nice as well as the OME N182s and aren't terribly priced.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
nucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
nucktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 3" revtech lift (sucks by the way) and towed a mastercraft x9 all summer with no issues. This is with my stock shocks so i assume you should be fine. I found the truck a bit under powered when towing but its to be expected with a stock v6.