Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dealer can't do simple math.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer can't do simple math.

Went for my first oil change, ODO read 4580, they did my service, gave me my keys and I took a glance at the window and they put a new sticker that said next service due @ 10,580..

My first thought was they compensated for me coming in early for a 5K service and figured I would come in 500 miles sooner again which would put me at 10k even at my next service, at least that's what I hope anyway.

Someone else want to chime in on this with a similar account ?
Old 12-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Just do your own oil changes

Oh, and yes dealerships are terrible at math. When I bought my truck, the dealer told me my payment was WAY lower than the actual. Good thing I brought my calculator.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Lol good call. I'd gladly change my own oil but they gave me 2 years of free maint. I guess that's why it was free.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
I've never bought a new tacoma ( 3 in the last 20 years) but reading these stories of "free service" is crazy.

It makes me rethink the whole new truck thing.

Someday , maybe lol

Azbackcountry
Old 12-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBACKCOUNTRY View Post
I've never bought a new tacoma ( 3 in the last 20 years) but reading these stories of "free service" is crazy.

It makes me rethink the whole new truck thing.

Someday , maybe lol

Azbackcountry
x2. 99.9% of the problems I hear about with Dealerships on this site regards the service they received during their free service oil changes and what-not. I don't blame you for taking advantage of the free thing, but you'll find a much greater appreciation for your truck, OP, if you do your own oil changes. Any excuse to get under your truck and do the work yourself makes you feel good. And if you are as obsessive as everyone else on this site about your truck, you'll cringe just thinking about letting someone else work on it.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
2012SuperWhite is on a distinguished road
Name: Shannon
2012SuperWhite's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have to use the free service. I know the dealer will not be servicing my truck I will do it myself.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #7
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
im decent at working on cars...but i have hard times figureing out tips at a restraunt

i no can do math, it happens id just go at 10000 miles and even it out to make math easier
Old 12-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #8
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
I went in for my free 25,000 at 23,500 (ended going up a little early each 5,000 miles, not harm in that). The reminder sticker was for 30,000, scribbled and wrote in 28.5
Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #9
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
x2. 99.9% of the problems I hear about with Dealerships on this site regards the service they received during their free service oil changes and what-not. I don't blame you for taking advantage of the free thing, but you'll find a much greater appreciation for your truck, OP, if you do your own oil changes. Any excuse to get under your truck and do the work yourself makes you feel good. And if you are as obsessive as everyone else on this site about your truck, you'll cringe just thinking about letting someone else work on it.
Yes you are correct 1000%. Love working on my own truck, loving changing my oil and fluids I kind of figured these Toyota "techs" could add at least.
Well I think thats the first and last time someone else works on Donna.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Yes you are correct 1000%. Love working on my own truck, loving changing my oil and fluids I kind of figured these Toyota "techs" could add at least.
Well I think thats the first and last time someone else works on Donna.
Haha yes that's a good plan.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #11
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I think the problem is that when you bring your truck in for the free maint. you get the newest or dumbest tech since it's brainless work to change the oil. They are not putting their best guy on it.