1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weathertech for 2012

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Utard, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Jan 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM
    COMAtose HI

COMAtose HI Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD SPORT 4x4
    6" Procomp Stage 1 Suspension Lift, Custom 6" Alcan Springs, N-Fab Side Steps, Husky Floor Liners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Debadged, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, 13" Antenna from AntennaX.com, 35% Tint for front windows, Procomp 7032 Series 18x9 wheels, 33x12.50 Nitto Mud Grappler tires
    weathertech told me they would have the 2012 mats out in 6 to 8 weeks....i couldn't wait any longer so i went with the husky liners. they fit good and have been great so far.

2. Jan 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM
    waterbrook

waterbrook Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pre SR5
    I just bought a 2012 Taco a couple weeks ago with the all weather mats. They seem good to me. What's wrong with the OEM mats?

3. Jan 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    COMAtose HI

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD SPORT 4x4
    6" Procomp Stage 1 Suspension Lift, Custom 6" Alcan Springs, N-Fab Side Steps, Husky Floor Liners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Debadged, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, 13" Antenna from AntennaX.com, 35% Tint for front windows, Procomp 7032 Series 18x9 wheels, 33x12.50 Nitto Mud Grappler tires

the OEM mats are good, but try checking out the weathertechs or husky liners and you will see the difference.

4. Jan 19, 2012 at 7:05 PM
    Quadsix

Quadsix Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Bonaire, Georgia/Palm Bay, Florida
    Vehicle:
    12 Quadcab TRD Sport Upgrade
    K&N Intake Filter, K&N Cabin Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Tailgate Mod, Wet Okole Seat Covers, WeatherTech rain visors/digital floor mats, 6K HID headlights, 4300 HID fog lights, Westin Bullbar, Westin side steps, Westin Bull Bar, Westin Quadrant LED Aux Lights, Bed mat, Rocky Mount Clutch SD Bike Mounts, LED Bed lights, Blue LED shift indicator
    yeah, once you go weathertech, you'll never wanna have anything else. The only problem I have ever had with them was when I had my 2010, and Toyota was doing the gas pedal recall, the tech took out my weathertechs and put it in the truck bed and told the service manager that it was unsafe to be in there... I just laughed and told him he was full of sh!t, the service manager just chuckled and told the technician that the weathertechs are better then the OEM mats. LOL

5. Jan 20, 2012 at 8:15 AM
    Utard

Utard [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    With my work I have dirty feet all of the time. The OEM mats for the 2012 only hold about 2/3rd's of the dirt. The rest goes in the carpet. My 06 OEM ones where ok but since the whole sticky gas pedal thing they cut about 8-10 inches off the end that goes under the pedals. And that is where all the dirt stays.

6. Feb 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    walleyeguy

walleyeguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '12 4x4 DCSB TRD OR Auto MGM
    I called WeatherTech 6 weeks ago and they told me then that the digital fit floor liners for the '12 Tacoma would be available approximately today. So today I called them today and the floor liners are still not available but they should be available ~6 weeks. The lady I talked to was super rude even though I was very polite and just asked a couple questions regarding availability.

I really like the WeatherTech product, however the continued delays and they way they treated me are making me question why I shouldn't just pick up the Husky liners and be done. I've had husky liners in the past and have great luck with them.

Just my 2 cents I guess.

7. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:28 AM
    tpr676

tpr676 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Make me laugh that weather tech lies to everybody , I guess they don't know about the Internet ? What is so hard about 2 anchor holes, it's not like they are retooling for a whole different liner. Come on weather tech kick it in the ass.

8. Feb 16, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    K2ufl

K2ufl Member

Member:
    I am a big fan of weathertech, had them in my last taco and my honda civic. Well had enough of the wait and bs answers so ordered the Husky liners. At first was reluctant, but they are growing on me......I at this point don't even think Im gonna get the weathertechs and stick with the huskies. I took my old back seat weathertechs and they fit fine in the back (dc). I also like that the huskies cover the whole area including the left foot rest. The weathertechs are definatelly better looking, but I'm thinking the Huskies are easier to clean without the grooves. I did have the OEM all weathers, and those were ridiculously short and I took them off after a week.

9. Feb 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    AaronArf

AaronArf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB
    I'm hoping weathertech gets their act together and releases these mats. I might just have to settle with Husky's. Beach season is coming soon, don't want to have to deal with sand and carpet mats.

10. Feb 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM
    RV7Garage

RV7Garage R.O.U.S.

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Ill Annoy
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Offroad, Nautical Blue
    Disable DRL, Jailbreak Fog Lights, ARE topper
    I can't believe we're still waiting for this! Wow.

11. Feb 17, 2012 at 3:41 AM
    tpr676

tpr676 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Unbelievable isn't it..........

12. Feb 17, 2012 at 6:58 AM
    K2ufl

K2ufl Member

Member:
    I'm glad to be done with this crap and settle for the huskys.....priceless. If you can deal with the bowl shape of the weathertechs, look at the pictures of how it fits on the door sill, you will be happy.
    My guess with weathertech is there must be some legal issues they are dealing with......Toyota moved the retention holes further away from the pedals for some reason, which theoretically (it really wouldnt) allow the heavy mat to move more under the pedals, hence the OEM mats being way short (?). My guess is Husky solved it by just bypassing the hooks and fitting the mat so it would cover the left foot rest. Its just a guess, cause why would WT take so long to get a product out, and not have a clear release date?

13. Feb 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM
    AaronArf

AaronArf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB
    Anyone have new info??? :notsure:

14. Feb 23, 2012 at 2:21 PM
    Utard

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    I have contact with a chick at weathertech. She said as soon as she hears any info new about it she will email me. We will see. If I hear anything I will post it up.

15. Feb 24, 2012 at 3:36 AM
    tpr676

tpr676 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks, hopefully very soon.

16. Feb 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM
    xmadcowx

xmadcowx Old man club. Sold out to Ford.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    19 Raptor/21 Bronco. 12 OR sold. 05 xrunner sold.
    Functional
    Don't count on it. I called and spoke to someone earlier this week (might have been Monday) and was told "they are 12 weeks out".

17. Feb 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    tpr676

tpr676 Well-Known Member

Member:
    12weeks seems to their standard answer must be hand crafted.

18. Feb 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM
    COMAtose HI

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD SPORT 4x4
    I was told 8 weeks...about 8 weeks ago!!!! Good thing I went with the husky liners...because i would still be waiting lol

19. Mar 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM
    Utard

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Well here it is. From the horses mouth.

Mr. Utard,

Thank you for your patience with me as I worked to get things squared away with my engineers as we worked to get the new 2012 Toyota Tacoma Digital Fit FloorLiner out. I am happy to announce that the part has been approved by engineers and we will be starting to sell the item online in a few days. Currently, though the product is not up on the website and production using the mold has just begun. It may be another 2 weeks before we are able to sell the item online and have them shipped to our customers, but if you were to call, you may place an order over the phone with any of my representatives.

If you are no longer interested in this product our WeatherTech brand, please disregard this email. However, if you would like to place an order for the product or have any further questions please contact us at: 800.441.6287.

Have a great day!

Mary Palazzolo
    MacNeil Automotive Products Ltd.।WeatherTech
    Customer Service and Sales Representative
    mpalazzolo@weathertech.com
    My Office hours: Monday—5pm-9pm । Thursday & Friday –11am -9pm । Saturday & Sunday –10am-8pm

20. Mar 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    neonlazer

neonlazer Mechanically Goofy

Member:
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB 4x4 SR5
    *Writes down on to do list in the morning*

Products Discussed in

To Top