Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Python Alarm/Remote Start install

Old 12-31-2011, 04:20 AM   #1
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
Rascal737's Tacoma Gallery
Python Alarm/Remote Start install

Has anyone done an alarm/remote start install yourself......should I even consider this option?

Is there anything I should know before tackling this job??
Old 12-31-2011, 05:06 AM   #2
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a way to override the chip on the key? I was going to try to wire this same alarm and said fck it when I saw all the wires. I'm having mine installed for $380 at best buy because they are the only ones that will install it around here.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
you got sold a bacon tree~

I would have been happier with a bacon tree.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:50 PM   #4
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
I put a simple alarm on a jeep and it was no problem. I got a new one for the Tacoma with remote start, lock, radar, window roll up. When I opened the box saw the bundle of like 25-30 wires I put it right back in the box and had some one do it for me.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
platinumb is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
platinumb's Tacoma Gallery
If you haven't done an alarm before don't do it yourself. I've been an installer for 16 years I have done plenty of these and it's not a hard car but it isnt a good job for a novice either it is possible but it would probably take you a whole day at least and a pro installer only a couple hours. The best bypass piece in my opinion is the flcan. Your installer will have one hey prefer use the one the installer is used to and comfortable with.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #6
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I got the pkall bypass from xpresskit with dual radar sensor......is there anything else that I need? I've done a couple of alarm installs on my previous vehicles (hyundai excel, honda civic and ford ranger) all have worked out fine, but I've never done a remote start before
Old 01-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I use a mercury switch on my hood and tailgate instead of the simple one they send...

No lectures about mercury either!
The problem with a mercury switch over a hard mount pin switch is if you park on a steep enough slope it won't function properly, I use them on some types o vehicle when there isnt a reasonable place to mount a pin switch.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal737 View Post
I got the pkall bypass from xpresskit with dual radar sensor......is there anything else that I need? I've done a couple of alarm installs on my previous vehicles (hyundai excel, honda civic and ford ranger) all have worked out fine, but I've never done a remote start before
That's all you need to get it in, just take your time with the alarm and remember for it to be secure as an alarm system you need to make sure someone can't see any of the security system wires even if they get in he car and take the lower dash panels off. Try to find an installer at a shop somewhere to print off the dei tech sheet for you the wire locations and notes help a lot if you haven't done an alarm in a Tacoma before.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:38 AM   #9
Raylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to behold

Navy: USN, nuclear submarines
Raylo's Tacoma Gallery
They also make digital tilt switches that work better on slopes than mercury switches. They note the position that they are in when the system gets armed and alarm when moved from that.

I did a similar install on my 2009 with a Clifford (also made by DEI) back a few years ago and made some fairly extensive notes. I used a Fortin bypass module similar to the PKALL. Sorry, no pics though. I wish I had taken the time to take a few but I was in a hurry.... here is my writeup:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...otes-long.html
Old 01-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #10

thanks for all the input......the alarm is installed and working, now the remote start and tach input, most of the connections have been made, i can't find the black/white tach wire, well i found the wire but when i hooked up my multi meter, i'm not getting anything out.

2nd issue is the remote start wires have a starter input and a starter output wires.....the truck has starter 1 and 2 wires, do i splice into these (starter input into the black/white starter 2 and the starter output wire to the green/black starter 1 wire)