Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Access roll up cover work with deck rail system?

Old 12-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
Metalhead77 is a jewel in the roughMetalhead77 is a jewel in the roughMetalhead77 is a jewel in the rough

Metalhead77's Tacoma Gallery
Access roll up cover work with deck rail system?

Just picked up our '12 DC LB sport last night and I want to get an Access roll up cover for it.

Does anyone have one of these on your taco and does it interfere at all with the deck rail system?

I need to move my tie downs almost every time I use the truck and need to be able to adjust them with no problems.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
It does not. You have to take rail system off and the deck goes underneath the rail... then reattach rail. I like mine.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
Works with the regular profile ones, not the low profile (i.e. Laredo) versions.

One difference, the tie downs cannot be rotated and removed, only slid out the rear of the rails. Keep that in mind with the front rail, meaning if there are tie downs up there prior to installation they're kinda permanent until the cover comes off if I understand correctly.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
TJ Asher has a spectacular aura aboutTJ Asher has a spectacular aura aboutTJ Asher has a spectacular aura about

Name: TJ
TJ Asher's Tacoma Gallery
No problems getting the tie downs in or out on any of the rails.

The access cover rails go behind the side rails. It's a great design and the holes lined up perfectly. The torx bolts can be a bitch to get out but they get replaced by hex bolts supplied by Access.